• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help and suggestions about my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15

Hi everyone!

I want some help about my map: its name is Frozen Icy Realm.
I do not know much about map making e.g. terrain and triggers.
This is a meele map with 8 players.

It takes part in the Icecrown Glacier.
Threre are some custom units in it, too, for example Deathwing and Nocturnillius.
Some moderators told me that creep camps, item drops are bad ( i do not know why).
And i think there are no problem about the Icecrown Palace ( top middle-left region). Tell me if there are problems.
But i am not a newbie. I have this W3 game for almost three years.
I appreciate your help about my map.
Your sincerely
Mgeterno11

Attachments

• Through Snow and Ice.w3x
    909.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Level 9
Hive don't support TGA files.

+ You can't use your computer path, upload it to sites like imageshack. (Copy image url > click the insert image > paste url )

+Will Check your map later

Level 9
Use .JPEG files or .GIF. You can use online converters for TGA to JPEG or Gif then upload it to image hosting sites like photobucket, or imageshack

I've downloaded the map, And now planning to check it out.

EDIT:
I've play the map

+ Not Balance
+ Terrain is very bad
+ Heroes with blink can easily go to the temple to teleport to the other side to get gold coins

Tips:
Read Hive Workshop Tutorials here.

I hope this helps :wink:

Last edited:
Level 9
just read terraining tutorials on the given link :smile: you'll find too many out there.

Level 8
I have to agree with Blindman.. but ima rephrase: "Maybe you could change the name of the Map?"

You might consider..

-Frozen Wastelands
-Frigid Destiny
-Subzero
-Through Snow and Icy
-Cold Treatment

Hope it helps:)

Level 15
You might consider..

-Frozen Wastelands
-Frigid Destiny
-Subzero
-:fp:Through Snow and Icy
-Cold Treatment
Thank you. I choose Through Snow and Icy:thumbs_up:, because i think it is a good name for it.
This is an altered melee map, because there are some custom heroes and units and some stats are changed. :))
I will improve that map soon (maybe in summer.).:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 15
Ok, i will rename it. What are the pathing issues and how do i fix it?
And i will remove the Icecrown Palace too, and i wil make an other map which includes only the iIecrown Palace and the Heroes.
Should I remove Deathwing and the other Heroes from the melee map, too?

EDIT: I removed the Icecrown Palace and the Heroes.

Level 14
Basic tips for terraining:

1) Use 3+ textures in all areas. It'll look more natural to the eye because it allows for more pattern variation.

2) Less is better. Too much detail will 'give it away' whereas less helps the player add more to the envireonment themselves. It's hard to explain how this works, but it does.

3) It's a melee type map, so unlike cinematics and RPGs the focus isn't on the terrain's art (this doesn't mean you can neglect it) but rather the composition. Lots of indestructable doodads block pathing, which hinders army movement and increases the amount of code running in the background directing through the shortest path. Destructable objects (trees, crates, certain rocks, etc...) with a handfull of indestructables (most buildings, although they can be changed to destructibles, most rocks and plants, etc...). Too many cliffs or islands that can't be reached via on foot will screw with gameplay. Use the Raise/Lower terrain tools.

4) Make what you think is a fitting natural envireonment for your map. This is for fun, so have some.

5) WC3:TFT has limitations.

//\\oo//\\

Status
Not open for further replies.