• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
=o=[]Terraining workshop[]=o=

Notice:
R.I.P Rysnt11
1992 - 2012

cooltext521121397.png

cooltext521122707.png

Introductory Information:

Whenever you need terrainer, come here. Be sure to paste the map in paste bin and send me the link, I would like to avoid the use of attachment here, as some people might alter your map and claim it as their own map. So post your request here, and paste your map in paste bin.

Request Rules:

• if the map size (a x a) is above 256x256, the requestor must guarantee that the project would end in a success.
  • the requestor must specify about the map, half terrained, fully terrained, or just adding doodads, or even just polish what have you done before
  • if the requestor want to use attachment, then, the attached map, MUST zipped or in form of rar, with an encrypted password, and send the password to the respective terrainer that take your request
    to be more safer, i also recommend the requestor to use the paste bin

Making a Submission:

Please Fill out the submission form and a terrainer will be with you as soon as possible.

Desired Area: Identify here what areas of the map you want done.
Tileset: Choose if you want the tileset modified in any way.
Deadline: Only put a dead line if you are in a serious hurry, in form DD-MM-YY.
theme: What is the general scenery planned to follow?(ie. Forest, Volcano, Cave.)
Import: Do you want imports? You can hand pick your own or give a max file size.

Desired Area:
Tileset:
Deadline:
Theme:
Import:

Team

Member Job Status
rysnt11Team Leader,Condition Terrainer[c]Active[r]xDeathKnightx[c]Vice Leader, Cinematic Terrainer[c]Active[r]Drunken_Jackal[c]Advisor,Touch-up Terrainer[c]inactive[r]brambleclaw[c]member, new comer Terrainer[c]Active[r]rpg-lovers[c]Member[c]Active[r]empire jackal[c]summoned Member[c]not too Active[r]

To join the terraining workshop you must fit the following criteria:
  • You must have atleast 1 reputation point and only have a max of -3 reputation point.
  • You must send me at least one screenshot of your terrain without imported files.
  • It may take me awhile to determine if you can join the team so be patient.
  • you musn't open any workshop (terrain only, you free to open any spell, or anything that doesn't related to terraining)
If you would like to join send request via private message.

In Progress Jobs

All in progress maps will be updated here.
pending request (haven't been taken, click to view)
  1. Elfhighlord
Requester Status
Leak-Complete, see attachment[r]Ironside[c]taken by brambleclaw[r]EMPerror[c]taken by empire jackal[r]xxALMIRxxx[c]taken by rysnt11 (request done via pm)[r]mgeterno[c]done by xDeathKnightx[r]NightBlade[c]done by XPQJ[r]Jones[c]done by oziris
  1. oziris
  2. XPQJ

Attachments

• Naga Underwater Temple.jpg
    Naga Underwater Temple.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 529
  • Base North East2.jpg
    Base North East2.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 380
  • Base South West3.jpg
    Base South West3.jpg
    785.2 KB · Views: 324
  • Jungle.jpg
    Jungle.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Rivers.jpg
    Rivers.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Hold on, so you think working on your own isn't "good enough" so you want to work on other peoples' maps? Huh.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of your work, even just screenshots or anything.

Level 5
Hmm What about showing your skills a bit.?
So i can request a thing with many details and you try to make it.?

Level 13
Really put up some screenshots up because for one I know it will take time to get a request and two some people are just too lazy to go to your profile and open to your albums then screenshots.

Level 10
well if possible, i'll give teh unprotected version but pls don't change the freaking regions D:
and if possible can you terrain the half of the map, its just small though

well jngp can handle an advance way of importing/exporting map files/scripts wutever but mehh... i only need the tile combinations though and some little doodads ofc, but the terrain buildings should not be touch (teh cliffs)

Level 5
i am, but the most preferred and reliable way to contact me is via PM. how's the progress so far?

Level 17
@razor21:wow, how's your stagitarius doin?
@leak-: to make this thread go on...
The private things i'll send you by pm, and non - private i'll disscuss it here, so what do you think?
Hmmm,about your map, i need to change the squarish cliff on top and bottom of your map, and some doodad change, also the unseen doodad outside the playable map area has been deleted, reason is simple, they are 'unseeable' in game.

Level 5
of course.

yeah you got it right. squarish cliffs seem very unnatural, so please change them. i agree with the doodad changes/removals.

thanks

Level 17
deathchef: ah...
Never mind, you also contribute to keep this workshop working :)
Leak-: okay, i'll finish them soon, your map may become 180 different from the first you gave me..
Haha~
E1: leak-: i also want to change the river, its look too straight, but i'll keep them symetric as possible as i can

Level 17
@leak-: okay, then the progges so far is:
On top right corner i add a waterfall
The river is now snake-shaped
The forest kinda spooky
The bunch of bird has been removed and replaced with lesser number of them
The River use sand tile from sunken ruin
The forest use leaves from felwood (look more fresh than ashenvale)
The squarish cliff has been fixed
Do you want a screen shot?

Level 17
I'll bigger them up in next morning (mine is gmt + 7, so it's night here)
If you could do something great once, then you could do same in second try
E: simple, suggest about the terrain should look like, translate the people's request to decent one (the people always didn't use the form i make)

Status
Not open for further replies.