• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help and suggestions about my icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi guys,

I want you to help me with my icon. This one of my first icon. As you can see it is a bit small but how do i make it larger? I added some shading to it. Please help me with that icon! I will really apprecitate it and rep+! I made it with GIMP.

It represents a magical strong sword with some cool decorations with two big blades. Please instead of giving links to tutorials for me (they are too complicated for me) please wirte me a complete message which helps me with a lot. i am very new to icon making.
attachment.php

Yours Sincerely
Mgeterno11

Attachments

• PoisonedSword.jpg
    PoisonedSword.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Since no one answered so far:
This needs more shading, especially on the handle. Pick a light source, it currently looks as if you pointed a torch at it.

Define it more, using sharper edges (so use smudge less often).
Also, don't use such a hard pencil for its special effect. It looks like hair right now. Try using the airbrush tool with various settings (different pressure, opacity etc.).

You will learn the most by experimenting with each tool's various settings and how the results will look like.

Also:
As you can see it is a bit small but how do i make it larger?
Eh, by drawing it larger/longer?

Level 15
Many thanks you help, I3lackDeath. Yes, i will add more shading and using sharper edges as you told me. :)) Yes, i always look tutorials for better skill, but although it looks like a bit noobish i can make a good icon if users help me. So thanks your help i can make a much better one.

But one thing i doens't understand: why no one answered except you?

Your help is enough for me. I used GIMP to paint that icon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.