• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I can't open my map!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, so I was importing a gem to use for my map, and it went fine. I applied the gem model to the correct item and click the checkmark to test my map. It said a fatal error had occurred and quit WC3 and the editor. When I went back to reopen my map, the world editor quits unexpectedly. I have tried multiple times, I even tried putting it on my mac to open it. It still didn't wort. :cry:
Is there any way to fix this? I tried deleting the gem model from my desktop and emptying the trash, but I still can't open my map.

Please help me! I have been working hard on this map for over a month and I don't want to lose it all! :sad:

P.S. Was this the right place to post this? If not, sorry. :thumbs_up:

Level 3
Could you recommend a tool? I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if I played around with the right one I could probably figure out how to do it.

WinMPQ? PowerMPQ? MPQ Master?
Though these are for Windows only.

Not sure of you're using Windows or Mac OS X. So if you're a macintosh user, you'll find a Mac compatible MPQ editing tool at the tool section.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Here_you_dumbass.jpg
    Here_you_dumbass.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 298
Level 3
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to use these programs to remove the model. Can you please help me do that? :(

Here's a some steps I've typed in this post, and removing models is pretty easy. Note that I'm using MPQ Master for these steps because I like this tool best.

1. Open MPQ Master.
1. Use the tool to open your map (it's as easy as opening a Word document in Word).
2. When opened, you see a "Select Listfile" screen. Just have all the Warcraft III boxes checked.
3. Find the gem model and simply delete it (note that the map will save automatically afterwards).
4. Now try open the map in World Editor, and hopefully, your problem will be solved.

Piece of cake.

Oh, and before you do the steps, you need to extract the MPQ Master's data files to a folder of your desire (using WinZip, WinRar or 7-Zip), since you'll most likely will only be able to download a packed ZIP or a RAR file.

Level 3
Here's a some steps I've typed in this post, and removing models is pretty easy. Note that I'm using MPQ Master for these steps because I like this tool best.

1. Open MPQ Master.
1. Use the tool to open your map (it's as easy as opening a Word document in Word).
2. When opened, you see a "Select Listfile" screen. Just have all the Warcraft III boxes checked.
3. Find the gem model and simply delete it (note that the map will save automatically afterwards).
4. Now try open the map in World Editor, and hopefully, your problem will be solved.

Piece of cake.

Oh, and before you do the steps, you need to extract the MPQ Master's data files to a folder of your desire (using WinZip, WinRar or 7-Zip), since you'll most likely will only be able to download a packed ZIP or a RAR file.

Alright. I will try that. Thanks! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.