• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I bring hopeful tidings for Custom Campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Attached image is a tweet of Matt Morris responding to someone bemoaning the loss of custom campaigns. "It saddens me as well - We're working to address this."

Should existing, working features have been removed, even for people who did not purchase Reforged? Of course not, but I'm not looking to recycle that discussion over and over and over and over again - this is just a nugget of info for what we may see in the future.

Attachments

• z1.PNG
    z1.PNG
    52.8 KB · Views: 341
Level 14
I bring bad tidings

after seeing all 6 of the reforged maps in all their glory and the changes that ONLY occur in the Prologue / Human RoC/ And Undead RoC and 2 Blood elf levels.

The amount of effort put in IS BELOW all the Scrouge of Lordaeron remakes we have seen here on the hive.

Thats fucking astounding

We paid for Lemon Sky's Models that blizzard outsouced and this Broke AF game.
but dont worry hero skinpacks coming soon

Level 21
I don't know why I bothered to come here today. I only wanted to post a tweet with the tiniest bit of news and instead got involved with the same, repetitive, lazy comments both here and in another thread. At least I made an effort to share some new news. Today isn't special though in that regard because every interaction I've had with Anaxie in the past has been abrasive and unpleasant, probably because Anaxie is abrasive and unpleasant. I suppose at least today, we sort of agree that this launch was pre-emptive and awful even if I explicitly tried to avoid derailing from the get go and it happened anyway.

We fucking get it, and I even said: "Should existing, working features have been removed, even for people who did not purchase Reforged? Of course not, but I'm not looking to recycle that discussion over and over and over and over again"

Last edited:
Level 14
how do you even have a youtube channel with skin that thin
anyway after the last 2 years of busted patches and now this cherry on top.

I don't think people are looking for the light at the end of the tunnel on reforged Jayboy.

This is going to go down just like HOTS
NOt a project worth funding. And where does that eventually leave us. Possible with a busted ass game that was working perfect 2 years ago.

They're sufficiently pissed the hell off at this point and believe me Blizzard can't backpedal hard enough.
This isn't their drooling MMO and Shootemup fanboys
THeir Metacritic says all that needs to be said. They made a huge PR mistake messing with this game and pulling all the funding after Classic had a busted ass 1.31 patch and reforge was going no where.

This isnt our friendly neightborhood blizzard that made starcraft warcraft 1/2/3 and diablo.

This is the developer that should of left us the hell alone 2 years ago and instead they wanted to do reforged to sell skin packs eventually and maybe hope that someone creates the next Dota and they can claim it as their own this time.

Last edited:
Level 21
Who are you arguing with here? I never made a point to the contrary of the release being awful - it's bad. But that was my other point: you'll take any opportunity to continue being an irritating, argumentative, chore of a person. I guess in this trying time of a game release being shitty, you just need your cathartic release by shouting into the void, but you have nothing intelligent to add and I've already heard it all. It's simply and repetitively boring now when it's spammed in unrelated threads.

Last edited:
Level 6
"It saddens me as well - We're working to address this."
Thanks for sharing this message from Matt Morris,but I'm afraid that's not good enough for custom campaign fans.You know,Devs of Wc3:R have repeating that sort of lines again and again for almost two years,leaving more and more bugs popped up instead.

I'm pretty sure that OutsiderXE,Shar Dundred,Tomoraider,Turnro and other campaign authors are quite disappointed at the moment.Blizzard should DO something immediately rather than MAKING PROMISE.By the way,I always like your YouTube channel,for you are probably the only game streamer who understand the value of custom campaigns of Warcraft III.

Level 26
Honestly, I can't say I would want to make a Reforged version of my campaigns even if they were to properly re-add the custom campaigns option. I am kind of insulted with how everything turned, not so much about Reforged itself as I don't care too much for it, I'm more disappointed about the original version of the game getting ruined along with it. But putting my feelings aside, I genuinely don't know if it would even be possible to Reforge my campaigns, and I'm saying that mainly because of the vast amount of custom content I used. All the custom models, skins, etc I used don't have a Reforged equivalent. So what's the option in that case? I doubt we'll see a community rally to make Reforged versions of those models again. The other option could be to use WoW RIPs, but are those even allowed now? If they are, they wouldn't even fit considering Reforged's art style isn't even similar enough. I was hoping it would go in a more of a WoW art style direction, but that was just a personal preference of mine.

I don't think there's a way to do it without making a version that wouldn't feel drastically different. The way my campaigns are now is more or less what I wanted to achieve when I originally decided to create them. I'm very happy with their current state (even though I said RotBE needs some changes) and I would hate to... "ruin" them, I guess. At the moment, I can't see a Reforged version being of my campaigns being anything close to what I want them to be. Regardless, thanks for sharing the message, Jayborino.

EDIT: I've always said I don't want to make anything I don't feel passionate about, so I'd rather focus my creativity elsewhere than work on something I know I wouldn't care as much about.

Last edited:
Level 21
Honestly, I can't say I would want to make a Reforged version of my campaigns even if they were to properly re-add the custom campaigns option. I am kind of insulted with how everything turned, not so much about Reforged itself as I don't care too much for it, I'm more disappointed about the original version of the game getting ruined along with it. But putting my feelings aside, I genuinely don't know if it would even be possible to Reforge my campaigns, and I'm saying that mainly because of the vast amount of custom content I used. All the custom models, skins, etc I used don't have a Reforged equivalent. So what's the option in that case? I doubt we'll see a community rally to make Reforged versions of those models again. The other option could be to use WoW RIPs, but are those even allowed now? If they are, they wouldn't even fit considering Reforged's art style isn't even similar enough. I was hoping it would go in a more of a WoW art style direction, but that was just a personal preference of mine.

I don't think there's a way to do it without making a version that wouldn't feel drastically different. The way my campaigns are now is more or less what I wanted to achieve when I originally decided to create them. I'm very happy with their current state (even though I said RotBE needs some changes) and I would hate to... "ruin" them, I guess. At the moment, I can't see a Reforged version being of my campaigns being anything close to what I want them to be. Regardless, thanks for sharing the message, Jayborino.

EDIT: I've always said I don't want to make anything I don't feel passionate about, so I'd rather focus my creativity elsewhere than work on something I know I wouldn't care as much about.

I think that's how everyone is feeling right now. From my perspective as someone who plays these but doesn't make them, the least I can look forward to is simply having the option back so I can play campaigns with Classic settings. I honestly never expected anyone to be making Reforged graphical models and/or remaking anything for the Reforged graphical settings in general any time soon and that goes doubly now considering how much the release shat on us all, especially creators.

Level 12

Yeah, I get what you mean. I was lost for these few days on trying to figure out what to do. I'm not holding my breath waiting for something thats probably never going to get implemented or implemented in some backward ass way (size limitation, etc). Just restored my older campaign, downloaded warcraft 1.29 and gonna continue. If they add custom camps in reforged its just gonna look good on classic graphics.

Level 20
Actually I spent the majority of beta making sure my campaign worked just as well in Classic as it would in Reforged.

Yes, that asked for some small compromises here and there, but I'm rather proud of how it turned out. I had a lot of fun remaking some of the older, basic models I created years ago with Retera's hacked tool (particularly taking the Axe Gnoll and giving him a Bladestorm animation; learning how to do that was an experience in of itself).

The trouble is the Live patch changed the order by which the files are read so the HDmod is on top of everything, including imported files, so you can't see what I did on the Live Reforged patch.

Level 14
Actually I spent the majority of beta making sure my campaign worked just as well in Classic as it would in Reforged.

Yes, that asked for some small compromises here and there, but I'm rather proud of how it turned out. I had a lot of fun remaking some of the older, basic models I created years ago with Retera's hacked tool (particularly taking the Axe Gnoll and giving him a Bladestorm animation; learning how to do that was an experience in of itself).

The trouble is the Live patch changed the order by which the files are read so the HDmod is on top of everything, including imported files, so you can't see what I did on the Live Reforged patch.

im so sorry

Your series was always my favorite out of everything that ever came out of Warcraft 3. I woulda bought it as a standalone game. Think I found you after you released Book 4. Man it was a long stretch to Book 6 but so worth it. and 3rd edition that added the journals was magnificent.

any chance it would work in classic?

Level 20
I presume it works fine provided one could figure out how to get a custom campaign to work. It still works fine in older patches.

Level 26
In a strange way since I found out about the 1.31 PTR I buried my head in updating Lord of the Clans - as if that somehow could "rescue" our custom campaign community. I just hope a few months from now this will all have been a bad dream.

Crazy enough I felt the same, since I still have a 1.31 whatever number installed (copied the entire folder before battle.net did anything), I actually went and checked what I was last working on, and I had no desire to do any campaign work in months! But I think it was just a fleeting desire...

Status
Not open for further replies.