• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I accidentaly wc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I have a problem.
All Special Effects created by trigger no longer show.

This applies to both custom and standard special effects, hence its not an issue of models not working.
This applies to all maps, hence its not a specific map issue.

Have I flicked on some hidden display setting? or did I corrupt my wc3?

Level 23
It definitely isn't spell detail since special effects produced by non triggered means are unaffected. Secondly, spell detail wont cause special effects to completely vanish.

Anyway, Spell detail is set to high.

Level 23
I have had this problem too. After you play a game for many hours and there are lot of special effects eventually some of the effects will not appear anymore. I don't know how to fix the bug if it even can be.

Well, it started happening after barely 10 minutes.
Are you still suffering from this at this moment?

Note: reinstalling did not work.

EDIT: Any model with birth as its only animation will not play if created via trigger or used as a projectile. (Thunder Clap, IncinerateDeath, NeutralBuildingExplosion, basically all abitiy effects that are by default, played once.)

Level 37
Well, it started happening after barely 10 minutes.
Are you still suffering from this at this moment?

Note: reinstalling did not work.

I simply started to use less effects but still this problem exists in some of my games. I can't do anything about it. But 10 minutes for me sounds like a really short time to have this bug. I'm talking about thousands and thousands of special effects, if not millions. I'm not sure.

You would have to use like 0,01 periodic event and a lot of special effects to have this bug.

Level 23
Then my issue is definitely different from yours.

I created a blank map, with 1 trigger. Displays the IncinerateDeath effect when an ability is cast.
A single Mountain King with Thunder Clap is the sole unit in this map.
That's a max of 1 scripted sfx every 6 seconds.

Still it does not show. Its definitely not an sfx overload issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.