• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Effect on Model and some trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Guys i wonder, whats wrong with some model, even its only happens to few model out there, but theres a model, *.mdx thts working just fine,
animation, and else BUT one thing, this model cant receive any special effect or cant show any SFX apply on them, means like buff, or effect apply or attach to unit using that model, cant be apply, just the SFX wont apply...

how can i fix it and whats the problem?

last i want to know, what else that makes spell cant be MUI, like using wait. anything else beside wait?

thx

Level 17
will it take lots of time to do that?

, no. Download the Warcraft 3 Model Editor and start it. Open the model. Go to -> Windows -> Node Manager. RMousebutton -> create attachment. RMousebutton on the created attachment -> Edit Node. Change its name to "origin ref" without the quotes. Save model and import it, done.:wink:

Making a spell MUI without wait, I think you can use dummy units and set an expiration timer for them in the trigger editor. But I have not looked into it in detail, better look for some tutorials for that on this site.

Level 5
Thx , ill fix the model soon,

By the way guys, what I wNt to knw is...
What makes spell is not mui ? Like wait... thrn? What else?

If my spell is direct effect, I think in an instant cast, all effect or trigger or function within my spell is execute, will it be okay right? For the next user when cast the spell
Coz the spell trigger execute everything fast enough, thou I dont use wait and array variable or index

for example
My spell,
Var point
Create a dummy, cast a spell to point
Destroy last

Another spell
Var point
Var group
Pick group , do action
Destroy

Is it mui? Since I dont make it complicated, I jst make it simple and fast execution

Level 5
sry for double posting

[K40$]-Spectre;2383308 said:
, no. Download the Warcraft 3 Model Editor and start it. Open the model. Go to -> Windows -> Node Manager. RMousebutton -> create attachment. RMousebutton on the created attachment -> Edit Node. Change its name to "origin ref" without the quotes. Save model and import it, done.:wink:

bro, ive done that well, but it still... the model cant receive any SFX
like spell buff on it, sfx on it >.<
this model

Fire emblem , Soren
http://chaosrealm.info/topic/8905726/1/

i also have one question about model, why is some model portrait cant show? i check it on model editor, and its showing jst fine....
and this one portrait wont show up

Dota 2 lanaya
http://chaosrealm.info/topic/8656686/1/

Level 3
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-unit-no-origin-reference-237877/#post2381371

I have a post here on how to place attachment points. There's no pictures or anything but I think you'll get it.

EDIT:
You should also name your attachment points as:
Origin Ref
Overhead Ref
Head Ref
Hand Left Ref
Hand Right Ref
Foot Left Ref
Foot Right Ref
Weapon Ref

There's also Sprite Ref, Sprite First Ref, Sprite Second Ref etc. but they're mostly used for buildings so don't worry about that.

For Lanaya, try recalculating the extents of the portrait. It should show up. Just click Edit -> Recalculate Extents.

EDIT: I also have that Soren moidel so I checked it out, it only has an Origin Ref. You really have to add the attachment points then.

Also, just a small warning when downloading at Chaos Realm. Most of the models there are good but there's always some issue with them so don't expect them to be perfect. For example, I think the Sephiroth pack there had some problems with the portrait. Most of the FF models there have weird stand animations. It's hard to explain but go check out Dissidia Cloud, Squall, Jecht, Tidus, Zidane...actually check out all of them.

Level 17
@mikagami, as sniper_zero pointed out there are several attachment points. The most important and common are origin, chest and overhead. With those, most ability effects and instant attacks like that of the Rifleman show up.

Just repeat what I wrote with "orgin ref" but than add "chest ref" and "overhead ref" (all without the quotes ofcourse).

Level 5
Guys, thats all really helpful :D
thx it works now...
i got it since the effect im using before is ttach to many point, yet i only have origin ref thou make it not working....

but the portrait still dont show up, ive already calculate extent... whats wrong?

and yes, chaosrealm has many good model, i especially looking for very very high quality model they have, most likely all dota 2 model they have, its really amazing, with more than 45++ animation i guess, yet it has so many node X_X
their model is about 4MB - 7MB.

Level 17
For the portrait, do you need to import an additional model? In other words, does the custom model you downloaded from that site contain 1 additional model for the portrait? (like e.g. the custom Dark Templar model on this site has DarkTemplar.mdx and DarkTemplar_portrait.mdx). If yes, ask a modeler if he/she could merge the model and portrait model in one model file (.mdx), sometimes that fixes the problem.

If not, maybe the portrait is missing of the model.

Level 5
errr yes it consist of

Assassin.mdx
Assassin_Portrait.mdx
ICEWOLFBlade.blp
lanaya_base_color.blp
ta_ns_armor_color.blp
ta_ns_head_color.blp
ta_ns_shoulder_color.blp
TABG.blp

http://chaosrealm.info/topic/8656686/1/

everything seems to works jst fine but the portrait didnt show up in game or world editor, cant seem the see the animation or whatever comes up while choosing custom model...
but its jst okay in wc3 model editor :(

Level 5
[K40$]-Spectre;2385196 said:
Did you save the map after you import each mdx? Right after you import the stuff, close and open wordedit again. It helps against these problems. If this doesn't solve it contact a modeler to merge the Assassin.mdx and Assassin_Portrait.mdx.

of course i did >.<
yet nothing happens :|
u should try it too, theres the link for the model

Level 3
Try making a new camera then. maybe that'll fix it. I had that problem once but I forgot how to fix it. I'm sure it had something to do with recalculating the extents though.

I downloaded the Assassin model. The portrait's missing a skin. That's most likely why it doesn't show up.

EDIT: Best thing you can do now is just add a camera to the actual model. She has a scarf anyway, so it's not like she'll be needing talk animations.

EDIT: Actually no. You don't need to do that. Make another copy of this texture "ta_ns_armor_color" rename it to "at_ns_armor_color". The portrait should show up.

But then, that'll cost you more file size, so after you get the portrait working just remap it to use only either one of those textures to save space.

Level 5
OMG, i didnt realize that.... after i read your reply, i checked the model texture path... >.<
yes, i totally miss this part, thx for the mention....
i got it i got it...

but

so after you get the portrait working just remap it to use only either one of those textures to save space.

what does it mean remap it to use only either one of those texture?
yeah, i knw make a copy of at_armor_color is increase of size,
cant i jst change the path?

Level 3
What I mean is go to texture manager in Magos. Right-click on a blank space and import either one of the textures.

Then you open material manager.

Double-click each of the material.

You'll see the layers of the material. Double-click them again.

Now you'll see the textures they use. Change at_ns_armor_color.blp to ta_ns_armor_color.blp.

Do this for every material that has at_ns_armor_color.blp. After that your model should now be using the right texture.

Note: I suggest you do this to the portrait model. It'll probably have less materials.

Just post again if you still don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.