• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Buffs/Effects Not Functioning Properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
When I put a custom buff in the field "Level X - Stats - Buffs," for an ability that attaches a buff, all I see in-game are the buff icon and tooltips for the base ability and not my custom buff.

I have a similar problem when I modify the field "Level X - Stats - Effects". I attach special effects with triggers, but I'm more concerned about not displaying the default special effect for the base ability.

What am I doing wrong and is there a workaround for this?

Level 5
Thanks for your help. I just tried out your map. It works, and it looks to be the same thing I'm doing.

After experimenting a bit, I can't tell what it is that I was doing wrong. It may have been something as simple as closing the WE and re-loading everything another time. I'd done that before, but maybe second time is the charm. Everything works now.

Update #2 - Oops. Everything except an ability based on anti-magic shell. Still not working... displays the original anti-magic shell effect and buff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.