• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stackable orb of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
so i wanted to create 2 different abilities based on "item attack heal reduction bonus" and just change the buff so it would add on top of eachother, however on this ability the "Stats - Buffs" field is empty, even tho it clearly adds a buff the the target. All other orb effect have the proper buffs set in the same field. I'm guessing it's a bug that wont be resolved anytime soon, do you guys have any workaround how this will be possible? to have 2 different abilities give heal reduction effect that can be stacked on top of eachother on the same target?

Level 3
There are some ways to do this. The best is to have a general ability with this bonus and give it to your hero/unit.

Then try setting multiple levels, for example:

Level 1: no bonus
Level 2: your bonus
Level 3: your bonus x2

Then create a trigger whenever a unit picks up an orb of fire and simply increase the ability level of this new ability. Whenever a unit drops an orb of fire, decrease the ability level.

Level 1
thanks that is a good idea, the problem with that is that i have 2 different units that will have healing reduction, and i want both of them to be able to stack it on the same enemy

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Here's a map with an example of Orb of Fire stacking. It's not the prettiest solution in the world but it gets the job done. I tested it and it appears to be bug free but you never know.

How it works:
I use a Unit Indexer and a Damage Detection System to detect when a unit with an Orb of Fire item deals damage. Note that the Orb of Fire item doesn't have the Healing Reduction ability, instead, I create a Dummy unit that has the appropriate Healing Reduction ability. I then order the Dummy to attack the Damaged Unit one time before being removed.

The Dummy will have 1 of 3 Healing Reduction abilities:
1. Applies a 25% healing reduction
2. Applies a 50% healing reduction
3. Applies a 75% healing reduction (stacking 1+2)

I add one of these 3 abilities to the Dummy based on the circumstances. Basically, if the enemy has been hit by both the 25% and 50% reduction, I replace them with the 75% effect. Otherwise, I apply either 25% or 50%. Note that the strongest healing reduction effect will always take precedence over the others.

I then add the Damaged Unit to a Unit Group and use a Periodic Timer to calculate the Duration of the Healing Reduction effects, removing/applying the proper Healing Reduction based on which effect has expired and which ones are still active.

This appears to work great.

Notes:
I gave the Dummy an ability based on Critical Strike with "Never Miss" enabled so the Dummy can't miss it's attack. I also gave the Dummy ~100k Attack Range using Upgrades which seems to be the limit. The only issue I can think of is if somehow the Dummy doesn't get it's attack off.

Attachments

• Orb of Fire stacking v.1.w3m
    54.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.