• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Channel Spell / Effects and buffs Not Properly Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a couple questions concerning Abilities and Effects/ Buffs.

First off, I know that some abilities allow you to base off of their BaseIDs more than once, though I cannot remember what those abilities are... does Channel work the same, or is it like the Spellbook ability where you have to change the BaseID for the Spellbook if you want another one?

If I have two abilities based on the same thing, lets say Acid Bomb, they both cast at the same time? I just need clarification because a guide poorly described something about both of them casting at once? So if I had 2 abilities based on Acid Bomb for that one particular unit, it will both cast?

How would you properly trigger a Dummy Spell to learn another spell? Ex. I have a spell "Tactical Enhancement" that has Two Levels based on the Channel Ability.
Level 1 Tactical Enhancement
- Allows Hero to Learn Deploy Field Observing Drone
Level 2 Tactical Enhancement ***Requires Hero level 3 to learn
- Allows Hero to Learn Deploy Tactical Drone

So when the unit learns Tactical Enhancement, that Hero will be given "Deploy (type) Drone" in his Hero Command Card. So here is the code:
Tactical Enhancement
  • Engineer Learn Deploy Drones
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy)
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set level of Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy) for (Casting unit) to ((Level of Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy) for (Casting unit)) + 1)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Deploy Field Observer to (Casting unit)
      • Else - Actions
        • Unit - Add Deploy Tactical Drone to (Casting unit)
Deploy Field Observer and Deploy Tactical Drone are abilities based off the Summon Red Drake (Item) Ability both with the same BASEIDs. Should I change them to different BASEIDs?

Anyhow, when the hero learns Tactical Enhancement Level 1, he doesn't learn Deploy Field Observer nor does he learn how to Deploy Tactical Drone at Tactical Enhancement Level 3. :\

Now for Abilities and Buffs/Effects questions.

Exactly what is the difference between Buffs/Effects? They both seem the same.

I have several abilities that have Buffs or Effects and Both.
I have an Ability based on Berserk that increases the units speed but not size when casted by 10%. When casted the Buff Displays properly on the unit casting but....

Buffs and Effects dont display on the unit's "Status" Display when casting my ability Enflame based on the Ability Item Armor Bonus (+1). I used Item Armor Bonus (+1) Item Ability because when you edit the Armor Bonus the Ability has no effect and it can be triggered like Channel.

Also I have an Ability Based on Immolation and I edited the Art on the Targets so it doesnt have that Green Burning Special Effect, when I changed it to the Doodad Small Fire.mdl it properly displays for OTHER Abilities but not immolation. I removed all the special effects and ability models from the Customized Immolation and STILL it has the Green Burning flame on both the casting unit and targets. So I proceeded by using Permanent Immolation, and well so far I removed the Green Burning Sphere from the unit with the ability BUT the Targeted Units effected by the Immolation's AoE still have the Green Burning Special Effects. How do I remove it? Its is like hard-codded into the WE where I cannot change the ability model?

Im trying to avoid using Triggers with Special Effects because I know those leak a lot of memory.

-Best Regards
Atmosferic / Drazalon

Level 7
I noticed that path blockers do in fact increase map sizing, but barely. Does it cause a lot of lag though?

Reason being is because I made my buildings as Props so I can rotate them manually and what not without having the 90 Degree restriction. Also the buildings vary in size too much that there is not exact Pathing for each, so i decided to use path blockers.

Level 10
If I have two abilities based on the same thing, lets say Acid Bomb, they both cast at the same time? I just need clarification because a guide poorly described something about both of them casting at once? So if I had 2 abilities based on Acid Bomb for that one particular unit, it will both cast?

1 of them will cast but you do not know which one, lets say there are 2 acid bombs one on the left the other on the right; if you click the one on the right the left one might cast instead.

I noticed that path blockers do in fact increase map sizing, but barely. Does it cause a lot of lag though?

Reason being is because I made my buildings as Props so I can rotate them manually and what not without having the 90 Degree restriction. Also the buildings vary in size too much that there is not exact Pathing for each, so i decided to use path blockers.

Should be fine, pathing blockers are not even visible the chance that they will cause lag is probably only if you have a million stacked on top of each other.

So when the unit learns Tactical Enhancement, that Hero will be given "Deploy (type) Drone" in his Hero Command Card. So here is the code:
Tactical Enhancement
Engineer Learn Deploy Drones
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy)
Actions
Unit - Set level of Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy) for (Casting unit) to ((Level of Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy) for (Casting unit)) + 1)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Deploy Drones (Learn)(Dummy) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
Then - Actions
Unit - Add Deploy Field Observer to (Casting unit)
Else - Actions
Unit - Add Deploy Tactical Drone to (Casting unit)

Deploy Field Observer and Deploy Tactical Drone are abilities based off the Summon Red Drake (Item) Ability both with the same BASEIDs. Should I change them to different BASEIDs?

Anyhow, when the hero learns Tactical Enhancement Level 1, he doesn't learn Deploy Field Observer nor does he learn how to Deploy Tactical Drone at Tactical Enhancement Level 3. :\

You don't need triggers to do this.
for the "tactical enhancement" ability use spell book
in the object editor set "tactical enhancement" as a (item ability - false) and (hero ability - true) (levels - 3)
set (Level 1 - Data - Spell List equal to "Deploy Field Observer")
set (Level 2 - Data - Spell List equal to "Deploy Field Observer")
set (Level 3 - Data - Spell List equal to "Deploy Tactical Drone")

I suggest not using the same ability for both of the "Deploy" spells because it may cause the cooldown to apply to both like it does when you have 2 red drake items, other abilitys you could use are "Item - Summon Furbolg."

Also I have an Ability Based on Immolation and I edited the Art on the Targets so it doesnt have that Green Burning Special Effect, when I changed it to the Doodad Small Fire.mdl it properly displays for OTHER Abilities but not immolation. I removed all the special effects and ability models from the Customized Immolation and STILL it has the Green Burning flame on both the casting unit and targets. So I proceeded by using Permanent Immolation, and well so far I removed the Green Burning Sphere from the unit with the ability BUT the Targeted Units effected by the Immolation's AoE still have the Green Burning Special Effects. How do I remove it? Its is like hard-codded into the WE where I cannot change the ability model?

Go in the object editor in your ability and go to "Stats - Buffs" and remove "Immolation"

Buffs and Effects dont display on the unit's "Status" Display when casting my ability Enflame based on the Ability Item Armor Bonus (+1). I used Item Armor Bonus (+1) Item Ability because when you edit the Armor Bonus the Ability has no effect and it can be triggered like Channel.

was experimenting around and couldn't find any buffs that displayed, but you should be able to just trigger the buff on the unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.