• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Do custom spells based on Lighting Shield simply not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I built a very simple spell based on Lightning Shield. I only changed the visuals, stats and made the ability a heroic ability, but otherwise left it alone. I used custom buffs (to change the visuals), but these buffs simply don't appear. The effect still occurs (nearby units take damage) but the buff itself doesn't, and the Sammy face "tooltip missing!" buff is applied to the target. I experimented plenty with the ability, simply using the default buffs works normally. Is this just another example of a broken-ass piece of the editor, or am I missing something?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I am currently using a custom lightning shield and can confirm that it does work.
Post the object data?

Level 10
Yes, Im pretty sure it does work normally.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    499 KB · Views: 86
Level 3
Well, I was trying to use the Immolation models (still based on the lightning shield buff), maybe its those models?
It works fine when I tried it, try deleting the ability and remaking it and making sure each data field is properly set. If it's saying "Tool-tip missing!", and the visual (included in the buff) isn't appearing you've likely forgot to set it to that buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.