• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
====>Hunters<====
[Working on a better title, suggestions/ideas are welcome.]

This is a battle.net RPG map in which players are playing the role of a hunter. The map will be as realistic as possible while still maintaining its fun factor. (Not suppose to be a hunting simulation game…) I guess the best way to describe this would be an Island Troll Tribes map with many added features.

Items

Weapons:
-Short Spear
-Hunting Spear
-Javelin
-Dagger
-Short Sword
-Throwing Knife
-Hatchet
-Hunting Axe
-Throwing Axe
[More will be added, suggestions/ideas are welcome.]

Recipe Items:
Stick
Rock
Vine
Tinder
Flint
Hide (large animals)
Skin/fur (smaller animals)

Animals

Deer
Bear
Tiger
Snake
Alligator
Rabbit
Squirril

Systems

Weather system
Time tracking system (day, month, hour)
Animal reproduction system (more on this later)
Animal behavior system (each animal will have its own behavior system)

Team

Madman9800-terrainer/object editor and some triggering

Help Wanted

Trigger-don’t have to be excellent at it, just good enough to do basic triggering such as the systems I listed above. if you know some jass, it would help, but I don’t really care about that.)

Testers-its pretty early for testers but sign up now, keep on watching this forum, and you’ll be one of the first to test this map.

Screenshots
These are VERY eary WIP screenshots of the terrain.

Attachments

• hsc1.jpg
    hsc1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 227
  • hsc2.jpg
    hsc2.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 192
  • hsc3.jpg
    hsc3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 167
  • hsc4.jpg
    hsc4.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 161
  • hsc5.jpg
    hsc5.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 190
  • hsc6.jpg
    hsc6.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 156
  • hsc7.jpg
    hsc7.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 180
  • hsc8.jpg
    hsc8.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 160
  • hsc9.jpg
    hsc9.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Level 10
Its similar to Island Troll Tribes but not a COPY. My map will be focused on hunting. You basically have to hunt and sell the hides to make money for your villiage, where you build huts and other buildings. There will also be quests. Like lets say somone named foker wants you to resupply the towns meat supply. Then you would have to hunt some deer and take there meat back to the storehouse. This is just ONE example of difference, but i will have MANY. And currently im working on the terrain, i will DESPERATLY need a trigger, anyone offering help, plleeeaaassee? :)

Level 4
Its similar to Island Troll Tribes but not a COPY. My map will be focused on hunting. You basically have to hunt and sell the hides to make money for your villiage, where you build huts and other buildings. There will also be quests. Like lets say somone named foker wants you to resupply the towns meat supply. Then you would have to hunt some deer and take there meat back to the storehouse. This is just ONE example of difference, but i will have MANY. And currently im working on the terrain, i will DESPERATLY need a trigger, anyone offering help, plleeeaaassee? :)

Gay lord foker? Heh, I couldn't resist.

But really, I dunno, it sounds somewhat different, which is nice. I hate playing the same games over and over. All there is anymore are: Vampirisms, Dota, TDs, Pudge War, and Sheep Tag.

Hope it goes somewhere.

Level 34
It looks like the start of a very nice terrain. Need way more doodads though, place shrubs and rocks, clump them together. Although I suggest you finish triggers and object editor stuff before you perfect the terrain.

Level 10
5 more screenshots added, would love some feedback, thank you.

Gilles, i appreciate your advice (btw your a great terrainer) but im planning on placing more doodads later. Right now the only doodads i really have are grass and trees. You cant really see the grass in the screenshots thought. But ill place more doodads later. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.