• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fist of Guthix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Now now, dont judge a book by its cover just because its the concept of Runescapes mini-game.

Its been years since ive played runescape, and I found an old link in my favorites. The game has changed... ALOT!

Apparently they removed the old PvP system (Wilderness i think it was called) and put in a mini-game called The Fist of Guthix, where you have the hunter and the hunted.

Concept:

Red: Hunter.
Blue: Hunted.

Player 1(Hunter):

The Hunter must find and kill the hunted before the hunted gets full mana(energy) and protect the Guthix Scars. All spells cost no mana, but have longer cooldowns. Damage is high, speed is below average. Is NOT invulnerable, can be killed (VERY rare.)

Stats:

8000/8000hp
0/0 mana

Player 2(Hunted):

This is a harder job, The hunted must take a bowl from one of the stools, and sneak to the cracks, and gain mana.

The hunter has 8000 mana, and starts at 0. He has NO mana regeneration, but the cracks do. The cracks will enable Mana Regeneration so that the Hunted can gain energy. Once the hunted reaches 8000/8000 mana, the hunted wins (Which is rare, but is very hard.)

Stats:
1500/1500hp
0/8000 mana

Hunted dies = Hunter wins
Hunter dies = Hunter revives in 0:30 seconds
Hunted Reaches 8000/8000 mana = Hunter looses
Hunted camps in houses for over 3 minutes = Hunter auto-win.
Hunter camps cracks for over 0:30 seconds = Hunted auto-win.

Houses:

There are 5 ruined houses, only the hunted can use. They make the hunted safe forever, however, the longer you stay in the houses, your energy drains away. If you have no energy, you cannot enter the houses. (Hunted Only)

Red cracks:

Red cracks are my own add-on to the game, if the hunted stands on the RED cracks, the hunted heals his/her hp, but looses energy in exchange. (Hunted Only)

The Cave:

The cave, both players can enter it. It is an auto-forefeit. If you get tired of the game, you can go to the cave and forefeit. If the hunter enters the cave, the hunteed wins, vise versa.

Jobs needed:

Testers
Triggers

I think I can do anything else.

[Testers]

Ghost765
-
-
-

[Triggers]

-

Last edited:
Level 4
Seems like a good map idea, a different arena game would be nice on battlenet, or even just to play frankly. I can help you with triggers, I am experinced with triggers, and I can prove useful to you. Of course, contact me via Hive's PM (I don't have MSN, Myspace, or AIM), and I'll be happy to get started on it.

Level 4
It sounds OK, looks like you just thought of it + no screenshots. It basically sound like a timed area. My prediction = you will forget about it or not want to do it. But, prove me wrong. If you do prove me wrong put alot of effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.