• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to use the Brown Bear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ok, so the Bear model is purplish. I need the brown one - I it's nowhere to be found. Anyone can help me with that ?

(So are the brown spirit pig and spirit hawk)

How can I regain these models?

+Rep for helpful answers.

Level 15
That's how it looks for me.

Attachments

• BrownB.JPG
    BrownB.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 137
Level 21
Man whenever you make a map with Ashenvale the Misha skin changes to purple so don't worry that anything happened with it, and its just a little thing that Blizzard did with it.
Brown is around normal places and stays in the Barrens, but any like Ashenvale or Felwood it changes color and then white is for Northend and Icecrown.

Level 16
Go to Scenario -> Map Options and there is a checkbox called "Custom Light Environment", you can set that to any 'normal' ones (like Lordaeron).
The problem is that the terrain will look different as well :/

Go to Scenario > Map preferences and there you maybe need to change the Time of Day. A brown bear looks different at day and at midnight *g*

Level 15
Sadly none of these methods worked.
The Custom Light environment only changed the light color and intensity. And I tried re-loading the map again - the bear is still purple :(

The day/night cycle have nothing to do with that.

Any more ideas ? :S This is getting ... wierd :S

Level 16
Moin moin =)

Dude this about the day/night was just a little joke but answer me to my other question please:

- How you create bear?

I don't ask for fun because as I said, when I create a new unit, I navigate to "Neutral" units > then the section "Special", select the bear and press ok and the bear is brown, whatever I do, it's brown - why is it purplish when you create one?

And also, as I said, experiment with GREEN and RED. When you mix those colors, you get a brown one, but if you mix those two colors, what you get? Is this brown too then?

Level 21
You don't know really why it changes from brown to purple, is because that the environment, like Ashenvale for example changes the unit to purple and the other places probably don't or probably do I don't really know, but its a little thing Blizzard did in the game itself, and not some custom model.
Well the Quillbeast changes too, but from a brown color to a purpleish color, and I'm just saying it only does this for certain areas.

Level 21
test1q.png

Here is a preview screenshot on which I took for the bears, but still I tried your color changing man, and it does turn brown, but not the right one though.

Level 15
Ok, please, Warlord Ajer'laroir explain how u did that in one and the same map ? I just couldn't change the bear to brown.

Please explain in details like which unit to base my unit on, and what to change andwhen and etc.

Level 21
To be honest man I took a screenshot from Ashenvale, and then a screenshot from summer in the tileset.
Well anyway, by my standards there isn't a way to change the purple bear back into the nice and brown bear.
Sorry if I couldn't help you at all man, but yeah. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.