• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to use more than 15 spells in a unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Its also possible to make spells that open up a brand new menu with all free spots... like in some RPG's they have a spell that opens up an "inventory" but its just a menu without the attack, def, ect... to do this you will need to know Jass

Level 19
Actually you should be able to call a spell isnt visible with hotkey I mean add it via trigger or shift thing and hotkey should be usable

OR

If you can track mousewheel with trackables
you can swap whole abilities with mousewheel

Level 3
Actually you should be able to call a spell isnt visible with hotkey I mean add it via trigger or shift thing and hotkey should be usable

Yes, you have a blank ability and use Jass to detect when the ability is used(clicked or htkeyed doesnt mater) or when a button is clicked(if you dont want to have an inventory button) and then it performs the spell when you define what the spells does (in the Jass code) which in this case your spell makes a new inventory.

Level 19
I mean you can have more than 12 abilities right ?
I mean add a 13th spell and try clicking its hotkey :p

Level 3
I mean you can have more than 12 abilities right ?
I mean add a 13th spell and try clicking its hotkey :p

O i see, add more spells to the character even thought there are not slots for it and instead of clicking the button icon you just hit the spells hotkey since its icon isnt there but its still in there heros selection.

i know passives, and even autocast spells can go past the UI's amount :p, ive had every passive skill on a hero before...., really though spellbooks are prolly your best bet... btw with more than like 5-6 spells it takes way to long for users to read the spells, so unless there very basic, and simple tooltips, users wont use as often if they duno what it does exactly...

Level 19
eww thats not so good
anyway only solution I can think of is swapping whole abilities then...
Since I cant think of a way to properly swap abilities (other than mechanics upgrade but it will take long time)
You'll need a secondary hero which is hidden and paused and has same levels and and and and wtf lol

Level 3
eww thats not so good
anyway only solution I can think of is swapping whole abilities then...
Since I cant think of a way to properly swap abilities (other than mechanics upgrade but it will take long time)
You'll need a secondary hero which is hidden and paused and has same levels and and and and wtf lol

Ive seen systems made from Jass were you dont have an invisable hero for more spells they jsut have a seperate menu on the hero for just spells, like they have a button you press to open up a spell area with many free spots.

Level 8
Ive seen systems made from Jass were you dont have an invisable hero for more spells they jsut have a seperate menu on the hero for just spells, like they have a button you press to open up a spell area with many free spots.

Yeeeeees.
It's called a spellbook.

Level 9
Don't hot key's work in spell books? So if the hotkey for the spell book is S and the hotkey for the spell inside the book is A. The Hotkey would be SA it would just be a 2 letter hotkey. You could add 5 more spells by useing F1, F2, F3, F4, and F5

Level 3
Actually , with spell book you still can use hotkey .
For example , yourspell book hotkey is E
then 11 abilities inside is another hotkeys
you can also arrange hotkeys inside well

( Q W E R )
( A S D F )
( Z X C Esc )

so that it is easy for you to use the hotkeys.

WEll , you can also try system of "Hero - Invoker" in Dota does.
Use ability to add buff to the unit , and then invoke some spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.