• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

4 abilities in one without using a spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I have another question, Is it possible to have 4 skills share one slot? (Or somehow trick players that these dummy abilities does share a single slot) Without using a spellbook?
I am currently working on an ability that lets you travel to four different places one at a time by pressing an ability hotkey.
eg. a dummy ability with a (z) hotkey - lets you travel to north
a dummy ability with a (x) hotkey - lets you travel to east and so on...

But if I add these dummy abilities to the hero, it will take up most space.
And I only want to show them that there is a single ability(which is also a dummy but does nothing) where they can use to teleport but with 4 hotkeys.

I did tried putting it in a spellbook but once the spellbook is open, it won't automatically exit it after using one dummy (teleport) skill. Thus, it would be to hassle for a user of this hero to use other abilities aside from that teleport skill since they still have to press (esc) key just to use other skills. And then open that spellbook again with its hotkey if they desire to switch position again.
The skill only lasts for 8 seconds and typing many hotkeys within that limit would be too hassle.

+rep for anyone who can help me. Thanks in advance.

Level 13
If spell books still matter to you, there's a spell book trick that might help you. I remember that @Tasyen said if you add and remove any other spell book to a unit, it forces the unit to close the currently open one. I'd recommend doing so when a unit begins casting an ability so that it gives players a chance to stop casting it in case of a misclick.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to North
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to South
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to East
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to West
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Remove Spell Book from (Triggering unit)

Level 4
Download Legacy of the Master
And skip all cinematics, and when you get Guldan. His first skill might be th one yur looking for?
Yup that's the one sir! How can I make it work like that? :(

If spell books still matter to you, there's a spell book trick that might help you. I remember that @Tasyen said if you add and remove any other spell book to a unit, it forces the unit to close the currently open one. I'd recommend doing so when a unit begins casting an ability so that it gives players a chance to stop casting it in case of a misclick.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to North
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to South
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to East
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to West
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Remove Spell Book from (Triggering unit)

I tried it sir but for some reason, nothing happens :(

Status
Not open for further replies.