• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spellbook spell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok let me explain the problem:

I have a a spellbook as a hero ability.
This spellbook contains 4 spells (all based on the snakeward thing)

Now when I tell my hero to use "spell 1" he uses "spell 4" insteat.
But aslong "spell 4" is in cooldown he uses "spell 3" (althought I click "spell 1").

I hope this is enough to understand my problem.

Already failed solutions:

- Hotkeys (different hotkeys for every spell)

Level 4
Yea, theres like a thousand threads of these. You have to make a new ability for each thing you want. No copying and pasting, sorry.

Level 13
Yea, theres like a thousand threads of these. You have to make a new ability for each thing you want. No copying and pasting, sorry.

Ok just to make sure :/

I CAN'T base all the spells on the snakeward thing?
Or would it be enought to make NEW snakeward spells ?

-> Would i have to do it like:

1 spell based on shockwave (triggered summon)
1 spell based on snake ward
1 spell based on .....

???

That would be creeps :/ Because i need lots of them...

_______________________________________________________-

You can't give multiple abilities based on one ability to one unit, they will mess up. Use the Channel ability, change the order strings and trigger your abilities.

Sorry for asking but I did not really get that :/

If you have time please explain it :D

"channel ability"?

Level 4
e.g. One is based off stomp, 0 damage and AoE, another based off of roar, lasts 0.1(some gay bug with roar, otherwise you get that paw above the unit forever) seconds, 0 AoE, etc. Look through the hero abilities and convert them to unit, theres almost like 1 aoe ability for each hero, yummy for farming dummy abilities.

Level 8
Channel is awesome for use as a triggering ability because you can change the BaseOrderID which you cannot do with any other spell. This means that you can have as many Channel based spells on a unit as you want as long each instance of the spell has a different BaseOrderID.

What you can do is keep all of your copied "Snake Ward" spells and instead of directly giving it to the unit, you give him many Channel spells, then you make a trigger for each spell that says
:-
Event
Unit starts effects of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast == Channel X
Actions
make a dummy unit
give the dummy whichever "snake ward" spell you want
order him to cast it at the location the Channel X spell was cast

Ofcourse to clear leaks you don't want to directly use 'target location of spell being cast' but instead save the location into a variable and after all is completed you add action (custom script) "call RemoveLocation(udg_LocVar)".

All About Leaks

Nice page all about Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.