• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Spellbook issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello people!

I have one strange problem with spellbooks I can't solve. Let me describe it in a few words.

I am making a map with heroes skills of whom work much like those of Diablo 3 characters, so one has 4 shortcuts where they can put a skill and they can change it whenever they like. This works by opening a spellbook-like skill which brings an interface with 3 passive skills and 4 skills which let the character change his active skills. By clicking on one of icons, game selects a dummy unit for player, the unit which has dummy skills, which, after being used, are given to the hero.

Now, the problem is, that when I use a skill selecting a dummy unit, the unit has no skills. I came to the conclusion, by numerous tests, that the game leaves the spellbook-like skill open even for the dummy unit. And there are no spells showing since the dummy has no spellbook-skill of the given ID.

Now here's my question - does anybody know how to make the spellbook close itself after using a skill from it? I couldn't find it in the Object Editor, nor in Trigger Editor, yet I hope there is a way. If not, does anybody have any solutions to this?

I hope my post was understandable :D

And ty for help.

Level 6
Well, not quite.
I know, that my description was not too clear, yet, let me get it somewhat more straight.
The thing is, using a dummy-picking spell from a spellbook, for some reason, opens the spellbook of given ID for the dummy aswell, even, if the dummy doesn't have one.
If anybody has the same problem, I overcame it by making another dummy instead of a spellbook.

Level 4
actually you can make a shortcut (hotkey) for a spellbook ability and use ForceUIKey(...).

Status
Not open for further replies.