• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to use custom SLK files etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Does this still work at all? I'm trying to re-enable item stacking in melee games (single player against AI obviously) like how it works in the campaign and also add the Attribute Bonus hero ability to all the other campaign and melee heroes. But whenever I edit one of the .slk files it either crashes the game or doesn't get noticed by it at all.

Warcraft 3 Reforged does still support this, unsure about this War3Mod.mpq.
Instead of War3Mod.mpq you could place theme in a folder named _retail_ (the _ are required).

I don't know how you edited the slks but I did once with libre office which breaks the 2 first lines in the slk on saving.
I have no idea what the first is. But the second should tell how many cols and rows the slk contains. Hence I made a copy of the slk I wanted to edit. Then I did the wanted change and recopied the 2 first lines from the copy into the modified and made sure that the row count was right. The slk can be read/written by any text editor.

Beaware that you can get dcs when playing with other players and the used game data is not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.