• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

.SLK files not changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
You've all likely heard this question millions of times over, judging by the tons of closed (and answerless) threads I found while extensively googling.

Let me preface by saying I know how to open and then recreate .mpq files; how to properly save .slk files, etc. The only issue I'm having no matter what I change, the changes aren't transferred into the game.

Example: modifying UnitData.slk in any form, saving it into its correct placement in War3, remaking that folder into War3.mpq and replacing it in the root of My Warcraft III folder, results in nothing being changed.

I've tried modifying War3.mpq (RoC), War3x.mpq (TFT) and War3Patch.mpq because of consistency - that is, the game loads files from the map, if not the patch, if not TFT then finally RoC.

I know this question's been asked, but for the life of me I could not find an answer in all the old locked threads. Hopefully someone wouldn't mind enlightening me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.