• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Where are the other parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guyz :)

Does somebody of you know where I can find Part 2 & 3 of the TFT Bonus Campaign (The Founding of Durotar). In fact, I have them ingame, but I can't find them in the MPQ Archives to open them in the WE.

I have looked for the parts in the following archives:

War3x.mpq (nothing)
War3.mpq (don't laugh, it was worth a try -.-)
War3Patch.mpq (only crap files?)
War3xLocal.mpq (there is only the first part)

Hope you guys can help me.

~Renschi

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
They are in the War3Patch.mpq

No it is not full of crap files, it is full of everything the patches have done to change the game data.

Just that the patch mpq does not contain a listfile like the others do. Basically the MPQ format uses hashes to permit finding files on query, however it does not store the actual file names as it expects the query source to know what exactly it is after. To make matters easier for people Blizzard normally includes a listfile (contense discription file) with the MPQs so you can browse what files it has, with exception of the D2 and the WC3 patch mpq. Basically the listfile declares all the names of the files the archive contains so that finding a file is more readable (as the hashsearch is a monodirectional process). MPQs can work perfectly fine without a listfile but it is hard to have any idea what each file it contains is.

Some MPQ editors like mpqediten32/64 can force load an archive with an external list file and some like it come in versions which contain missing listfiles, including the listfile for the patch mpq.

Level 4
Thanks for the explanation. Didn't know that. I hope I can somewhere get this listfile. Well, I'll try Google first :p

Status
Not open for further replies.