• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Some questions about file editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
so, I'm trying to make a custom warcraft 3 game but i don't get few things..

1.which file should I edit with MPQmaster, there are four files containing same stuff - war3.mpq, War3Patch.mpq, War3x.mpq, War3xlocal.mpq.. what should I do if I want to edit inner game models?

2.how to ADD models so that they appear in world editor as new models? I mean importing them in the main game itself not only editor and custom map

Level 2
Level 4
So you want to add models to a protected map? am I right? If I'm wrong, I believe it is far easier to add these models in the world editor.

Level 2
I think he simply wants to change the files in war3.mpq, not create an entire new engine using wc3's resources.

exactly, I just want to add new models to war3.mpq so that when I open editor I won't have to add models in a map.. I know it won't be visible to other players with the map and stuff, I want to do my custom warcraft 3 so.. any help? B)

Status
Not open for further replies.