• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to target a unit but still use dialog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ok here is my base stuff.

• Axe main
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for Dialog
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Dialogarray[2]
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Vines)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Rock)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Stick)
      • Hero - Create Axe and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Dialog - Clear Dialog
i see why my command isnt working...because it is triggering unit and no unit is triggering anything...any way to fix this and keep the dialog event?

Last edited:
Level 4
so will i have to make 13 triggers per person then...or is there a way to check which player selected a dialog button....then select his unit?

Last edited:
Level 9
alright mate. there is one little trigger you need. create a variable thats an array(it can be checked in the box when creating the variable). when the unit is created, set the unit to your Variable and make the array (Player number of (Your event like last created unit or the certain unit) unit). then when it gives the item, make it give it to Your Variable with the array of (Player Number of (Triggering Player))

Level 4
alright mate. there is one little trigger you need. create a variable thats an array(it can be checked in the box when creating the variable). when the unit is created, set the unit to your Variable and make the array (Player number of (Your event like last created unit or the certain unit) unit). then when it gives the item, make it give it to Your Variable with the array of (Player Number of (Triggering Player))

i wish you had posted a little sooner, i figured it out just a second ago. thanks for the help anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.