• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to setup a save/load sistem into a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like to introduce a save/load system into my map, although i have been unable to find a useful tutorial on how to do it. Could someone post a link or something?

Level 31
I would like to introduce a save/load system into my map, although i have been unable to find a useful tutorial on how to do it. Could someone post a link or something?

Tutorial

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ading-interactive-saving-loading-tutorial.w3m

Just run the map in wc3

edit
And I don't recommend codeless save/load as you could be waiting 5+ minutes for the code to load.

This is the non-codeless classic style one

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/save-load-snippets-v2-1-0-5-a-202714/?prev=mmr=6

But it needs some updates to use newer security techniques ;). If you don't mind the old security, then go for it.

Level 3
I followed the tutorial you sent me and all that stuff...but after a few times looking into it...my brain melt down and smoke was everywhere because i suck at math and Jass, So could you please introduce the system in my map, i just need it to save the hero, gold, lumber, and the items on the hero, that's all but i still can't get it done :(

Level 3
Define save/load system.
MPI?
What do you want to save/load?

have you tried the existing systems on the hive anyways?

By save/load i mean saving a hero with its spells, lumber, gold, and items in the inventory to a code. Quit the game(map) then come back type -load and you have everything like before. Like a save/load in an Orpg like Gaia Retaliation.
I don't know what MPI means.
Yes i have tried the system all ready and every time i import them into my map everything gets broken, many of the triggers get messed up and i have no idea how to fix them.

Level 3
That's what I'm asking for. I'm am asking for someone to implement a save/load system into my map, and yes it is a multiplayer map.

Status
Not open for further replies.