• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

need save/load system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello all can any give me link for a save/load system ? not tutorial how to create my own -.-, and not link for save/load system by TriggerHappy or AceHart.Also be sure the save/load system work well for all players from 1 to 9.I will give +rep and credit if u find me 1, soz i couldnt :sad:

Level 11
Just go to spells tab and write save system. There's lots of stuff from choose. I tried this one an it works perfectly, and its GUI! I just dont know does it work on many players.
It saves:
Hero
Items
Exp
Attributes
Gold
Lumber

If you dont like it, try to find something yourself.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Make your own...

Save systems are ammong the easiest things you can do.

They are nothing more than base converts. Yes thats all they are.

You convert the integers you want to save into another base (usually 64) and then add all those parts together and you have a decent code. In the other direction you break the code appart and then run the inverse function on the base 64 data to get your integers back. You then pass those integers through code which will generate what you saved back.

Thats all there is to it. Base conversion should have been covered in highschool and is ammong the first tasks given to you in any serious programming course.

The generation algerthim for integers i to base of length l to make output string output from charactermap of length base
repeat until i == 0
output = charactermap[mod(i,l)] + output (in WC3 this has to be done via substing native due to the lack of built in substring support)
i = i/l
endrepeat

Mod is the modulus opperation which basically returns the remainder from the integer division (in this case the remainder of i/l).

The inverse function is easy to create just be doing the opposite of what this does. Although the lack of a find character in string means you will eithor have to use a hashtable system for improved speed or run an O(n) itteration where n is the base length to find each character.

Level 6
I would give the same advise as Kala and say: Go to the spell tab and search for save system. There are plently of systems to choose from.

ps. If you know that double posting is a bad thing, how about trying to use "edit" instead?

Level 7
I would give the same advise as Kala and say: Go to the spell tab and search for save system. There are plently of systems to choose from.

ps. If you know that double posting is a bad thing, how about trying to use "edit" instead?

I wanted to Quote Elainiel, i cant do that in edit.And i tryed many many save/load systems and didnt find a good one.

Level 7
syntaxerror.jpg

Level 13
I've never seen that problem sorry.
But dammn you have many things open at once xD

Level 13
Try NOT using JNPG, it MAY bug, not aware though. I didn't use JNPG to copy/paste

Level 7
Ok i tryed that, do you know what happened ?

I saved the map,i tested,i tuped -save, it showed me code, i tryed to load but...nothing happened.Just was player 1 chating to red in single player

BAH TOO BAD it seems when i saved the world editor disabled the error trigger from map name

Level 13
It's called a signature, go to "User Control Panel" and find it in the right side.

I don't get an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.