• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Save/load system needed but difrent....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Bad solution? I mean didn't you played at least one ORPG where you wanted to play as an difrent class but you already know how much grinding you need to acomplish i don't know 40 levels? This way you can choose an difrent hero- class every time and not get bored.
I think it is even better than storing the complete hero, cause if you do store him you limit the player on using only one hero(unless he is an nerd and has no life).
This way the items are created at his stash,after he choses the hero he types the code and gets his exp and gold.

Level 17
I requested a save and load trigger that works the same, yet I have never got one.
People kept linking tutorials that were way to hard.. They should know not everybody can just make them, not even with a preset one..

Anyway, I do know you need to store the gold as an integer and the hero xp as an integer.
When it's saved you have to convert them to a string and show it to player.
Well this part I can do myself, however... that way you can just edit the amount of gold and xp you had.. xD
Hopefully somebody ain't to lazy to just link a tutorial or 'spell' because that wont work. :p

I'll stick around, this is usefull for me aswell.

Level 25
I think you don't understand, i want that players select their heroes, then type the codes they have and get exp,items and gold they had the last time when they played it and gained their code.
Like player types -save and he gets his code, then in his next game he selects an difrent hero and type -load *code* and get his items,exp and gold.
Understand now?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Um make one your self?

You simply convert integers into text. The easiest way is via substing however the most efficent is via encoding it into text (one character has then 60 odd distinct values).

One should be able to get functions that do the encoding / decoding so all you need to do is provide them with the input and then combine the outputs together to form a code. With loading you simply get the code and break it back up into its encoded strings and then send them to be decoded which gives you your integer values.

For example the code "-load 25000-500000" might load a hero of exp 500000 with 25000 gold.

Items are the same as storing integers but they are much smaller so use fewer characters. In the average map that does not have a stupid number of items 2 characters should be more than enough per item slot for a total of 3844 different item types supported to be loaded using the standard save/load characters. Thus you may wish to use more advanced encoding algerthisms to enable data to shair a certain character.

Honestly all it takes to make a load code is to mess with strings storing values in a way that they can me axcessed perfectly all the time (avoiding random stings).

Level 19
You dont need to know jass for that
its just a single line that you will copy and paste
its like
Set Variable[1] = <something>
Set Variable[2] = <something>
Set Variable[3] = <something>
Custom string: <paste the execute code here>

bah whatever, none of my business
Im here to help guys want to get help not those who doesnt want help

Level 10
I just happened to finish my SL-System. It allows you to save any integer you want and is very user-friendly to use. All you have to do is use the example trigger and slightly modify it to leave out the saving of the hero.
I could actually do that for you. I modified the example folder to fit your needs. Now all you need is a bit GUI knowledge and you can put it into your map. It will save your items, exp and up to 100,000 gold you own (you can save more if you want). Furthermore the code is locked to the person who gets it, and one cannot modify the code without breaking it. Dashes for readability and lower/upper/number/signs have different colors to be easier to identify.

W00t!!! 200th Post! Omg

Attachments

• Hoernchen's SL-System.w3x
    27.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not a very good save / load system if it saves player names as case sensitive.

As we all know one can happily change the case of their account name just by logging in with it as a different case so why should they lock a code to a certain case of a players name?

After all one game I might be DrSuperGood and the next DRSUPERGOOD.

and one cannot modify the code without breaking it

Most people do not even bother with that as they just generate one from scratch. Also your charactermaps are hardly scrambled.

Level 10
I have tested the system before and it worked, however I did not test the new example trigger I added for this situation, so it could be that that does indeed not work. As for the encryption, simply scramble the charactermap. If it still doesn't work, then I'm sorry, but this is a system I didn't finish 100% yet and hope you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.