• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a Lurker like attack using Impale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was searching for a tutorial but couldn't find one on:

How to make a unit have an attack that damages every unit in a line using the effect of the Impale spell (the spikes bursting from the ground without stunning). Like the attack of the Lurker unit from Star Craft!?

Level 8
ah..good old lurker
this is hot to create his attack:
1.make his attack o dmg (base=-1, dice=1/1)
2.create a custom carrion swarm (change dmg, distance, model, etc.) and giove it to lurker
3.a trigger:
e:unit is attacked
c:unit type of attacking unit=lurker
a:set temppoint=point of triggering unit
order attacking unit to undead dreadlord carrion swarm temp point
remove leak

pros:it's a lurker dammit

conc:it can only deal spell dmg
you can't make the lurker attack faster (carrion cd=attack rate)

example:
set his attack rate to 2 sec
car.swarm. 2 sec cd
carion swarm cast raqnge 9999
c.w. distance 600
lurker attack range 600

in case you want it to be upgradeable, just add some extra levels to carrion swarm and make an upgrade that will increase lvl

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Shade Da Scout: We can improve the Lurker attack speed. After every attack, reset the cooldown of the spell, then create a timer based on the Lurker attack speed. When that timer is finished, order the dummy to use that spell again. Also, if we trigger the Carrion Swarm instead of using the basic, we can make it to deal normal damage instead of spell.

nGy

nGy

Level 11
You could just set the lurker animation damage point to 0, the attack cooldown to 2 and the carrion swarm cooldown to 0 so the attack isn't abusable, but the attack speed can be easily increased by other spells. Then make a dummy unit cast the spell instead of the lurker itself and everything would work just fine.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Yes. That's it. How can we forget such a simple thing :)). Unless that is a Hero, there should be no problem with Orb of Lightning. I would have given u rep but your reputation is disable :D, Wrathion.

Level 7
I don't get it Wrathion, how will Orb of Lightning help me re-create the lurker's attack!

Could you explain please?

Level 22
You use the ability of the item orb, there's a field in the object editor to choose which spell should be cast when attacking, change that to what you want the unit to cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.