• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How to make a floating unit have negative flying height in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I've a little problem. Only those who fully understand this should answer.

I want a unit to be like a ship, but also have a negative height!

I need a ingame model
-to be floating (only water movement)
-have negative height when moving
-get below the constant float 0 height limit
-It cannot be a flyer nor amphibous!

In my example, I want the tinker alternate animation look more like a floating vessel. Currently it looks like it's floating on the water. I'm not going to import stuff to make it work!

Level 30
That doesn't work! Already tried it! I need a different solution!
did you allowe negative values? ye hu? whell then i pretty much dont have an anwser ... i might try.

ok Gui, i couldnt find ... Jass i dont know ...
i have a solution but its not with float.
make your unit fly and set its movement hight to -60 then just put pathing blockers on the boarder of the deep water area.
More i couldnt find, im sorry

The flyinghight doesnt work with floating because its "flying hight"

Last edited:
Level 29
the JASS is native SetUnitFlyHeight takes unit whichUnit, real newHeight, real rate returns nothing if you set the rate as 0 you can make any unit's fly height change instantly, which is what you want, right?

He already said he tried to set the height.

I think the only way to do this is change the unit's Origin (in a model editor), but I'm not sure if that would help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.