• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to delete animations (sequences) cleanly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make a portrait model from an ordinary model. However after deleting sequences in the Model Editor's Sequence Manager, the file size is still large, even though it is supposed to be small since the portrait model has only 2-3 sequences. When I open the model in MDLvis, I see that the "unused" sequences are still there, occupying frames and causing the large file size. So how do I make a clean wipe of these "unused" sequences?

Level 27
With Mdlvis in the animation module select the animation and click delete, then go to the optimizer section in the vertex menu, select only "delete floating kf" and accept.

next go to animation an verify in "all line" if there are surviving keyframes. It's rare but sometimes some KF can survive the optimize process, do it manually with supr, and presto.

With Mdlvis in the animation module select the animation and click delete, then go to the optimizer section in the vertex menu, select only "delete floating kf" and accept.

next go to animation an verify in "all line" if there are surviving keyframes. It's rare but sometimes some KF can survive the optimize process, do it manually with supr, and presto.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.