• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add a new animation to existing model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Um.. Hello, I was looking for How to add a new animation, but found only too complicated guide how to create model, animate it, etc, too much unnecessary information and I dont understand some things.
I am using 3ds max with latest NeoDex tools, I need to add an additional animation sequence to one model I have, but dont know how to do this. I know that i need two keys with same names and animation between them is will be the unique sequence used in game, but...
I see my animation timeline is limited and i cannot pass through, I see another animations behind, but I can navigate only from 0 to 100 frames.
And also in NeoDex sequence tool Add New sequence button is inactive...
How do I add a new animation?

Level 15
You need to learn the basic first, especially 3dsmax basic like the UI -__-
Read
In-depth Animation Tutorial [3ds max]
Blinkboy explained everthing you need there, just skip the making bones part and skinning.

there is no such thing called “unnecessary information”. What you see, frame 1-100, can be configured at Time Configuration. Thats only frame that you can see, not the actual sequence. In order to make new animation, just find empty frames and add them, then add notes in dopesheet. I cant really explain it, so just read that tutorials, then ask again when you confused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.