• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to clean an old map of UMSWE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello there,

I don't know if this should go in trigger&scripts or here, I apologize if I picked the wrong forum.

I would like to edit some old maps which happen to use UMSWE. Obviously, Sharpcraft WEX can't open them as-is since it does not handle UMSWE.

Is there another solution than reinstalling an old version of WC3 and running JNGP ? If not, once in JNGP, how can I ensure my map is clean from any UMSWE feature ?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You can probably edit the world editor trigger file in the map mpq, but that is difficult to do I would guess. I think installing JNGP is easier to do though.

I don't know, if you can ensure, if the map is free of UMSWE features directly in the editor, but starting the editor without UMSWE and opening the map will only work, if no UNSWE elements are used.

WEHZ is the right forum for all kinds of questions regarding the editor. Triggers & Scritps is usually for questions regarding a specific trigger or script you made and need help with. This trigger or script is supposed to be posted in the thread, so other people can help you.

Level 2
JNGP does not work for Warcraft 3's last version. It means I will have to install 1.27 in parallel. What a pain. Well, I'll try to do that. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.