• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

script-error (despite no scripts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all,

I would like to "convert" my old big big map for the new patch and confront some problems:

1. UMSWE

2. Script-Errors while saving.

For finding a solution i have both: the new SharpCraft and the old jngp-5d, both with a fitting TfT and switch through editing my registry.

For problem 1: As far as i know, i have to find the used fuctions - it seems for me it is:
IssueImmediateOrderBJ
useUnpauseOptionUnpause
But i was not able to find them yet. (Is there a way to search in the whole trigger editor?)

And more importantly for problem 2:
qsYxo1b.jpg

When i save my map with jngp i get this message. Even when i delete all triggers or even when i import standard melee-triggers.
When i save a triggerless version with sharpcraft i get none, but when i load this sharpcraft saved map with jngp i get these errors again - with no triggers in them!! How is that possible?!
I dont want to go on with my project when i dont understand that, fearing that beeing futile in the end.

Thank you very much!!

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
1. In the object editor (F11) under functions you can see all used actions, events, etc.
2. Mabye this is because you miss the common.j for jasshelper. If you get these messages on melee map triggers something is wrong with your jass helper.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Check the JASS is not being mangled by locale formatting. It has been known in the past that OSes which use locales other than English sometimes produce invalid JASS script on map save. JASS script expects numbers in US locale format only. If German or French formatted numbers are suddenly used, which have a different thousands and decimal delimiter, then it throws a compile error.

Level 5
Oh, that seems reasonable.
Is there a way to rescue my map? Simply switching to US? Or will WEX take care of it? (Till now, i work with JNGP for converting UMSWE and simply "live" with these compile errors...)

€dit: Found Compile Errors! sry for posting before searching. But I dont find a real solution yet..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.