• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to check for player names, and pick player with name x then do actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi i need a trigger that checks all player names and picks the player with xxxxx name and allows actions to be done. i did something like this myself but it doesnt seem to work any idea why?
upload_2020-6-29_0-22-14.png

Level 11
Be aware that this is technically not allowed and Blizzard may ban any maps that do this for terms of use violation.
then what can be done againts people who join games, suicide their hero play againts their team and only troll and laught at others faces? it sounds some kinds of joke xd for me i would like to stop behaviour like this but i might get map banned for that. blizzard doesnt care for it but they added a report button to report someone for saying bad words lol . . .

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
then what can be done againts people who join games, suicide their hero play againts their team and only troll and laught at others faces?
Kick them in the lobby before starting the game. Since robots no longer host games a human is always in control over who plays. For regular hosters they might want to setup a discord or other social platform to share recommendations to other hosts of who to kick.

Such people usually give up after a few days anyway, since once they are bored they will move onto ruining another map or even another game.
it sounds some kinds of joke xd for me i would like to stop behaviour like this but i might get map banned for that.
I doubt they will ban you, but they might block/remove the map. Since Blizzard now helps host maps they are allowed to do this.

If it actually happens is another question. SC2 technically uses the same ToU and still plenty of maps there use similar trigger systems to ban people. Still I like to think one should respect them, especially given that there is some sense to the reasoning behind the ToU. What gives you the right to decide who can play a Warcraft III map? People could easily abuse such power including blackmail as well as social bullying.

Not like these triggers even matter much. Map author banns your user name from playing? Well just delete the trigger and host yourself! There is no such thing as map protection after-all...
blizzard doesnt care for it but they added a report button to report someone for saying bad words lol . . .
I hope the reporting gets expanded at some stage. I think in SC2 they did ban a couple of people for serially trolling arcade games. This becomes a case of general anti-social behaviour which most game developers frown upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.