• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How the journey begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi.
One of my high detailed work like "Kadauri".
18 hours, 13858 decoration objects, half of 256x256 in view.

This landscape was very hard to make, because warcraft engine cant view big count of objects at the same time, so I divided landscape to pieces and screened it.

Enjoy!

:ogre_kawaii:

Attachments

• How the journey begins.png
    How the journey begins.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 267
Level 5
Sure, the models you chosed are awesome!
. but
I have leant few things about the models in war3 that:
_ big scale is bad (because graphic engine of war3 is not good enough)
. or at least dont place them near camera

Not so hard to see that problem (look the grasses and ferns)

Attachments

• Glitch.PNG
    Glitch.PNG
    168.8 KB · Views: 144
Level 17
I don't get why objects in foreground means bad
in general you want more detail in the foreground than in the background
and no engine can display "large scale" or many objects actually
speaking of that game engines usually have very little to do with graphics which is department of the graphics api (direct3D)
wacraft 3 can use even depth of field and screen space ambient occlusion with indirect illumination (originally used in crysis)

and to the topic, I dun like the water very much could try with the custom model

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.