• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How long will SC2 take poll results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Last edited:
Level 6
Blizzard will probably say december 2009, but with minor delay I'm thinking more "Early 2010".

Level 21
December is more than 2 years. It's more than 2 and a half years. And still, I doubt that date is correct. Blizzard never said anything about december 2009, and even if they did they would probably still be 3 months off (we all know blizzard, don't we). Not to mention that beta hasn't started yet. Maybe it'll start soon, but it still hasn't started yet, so december 2009, probably a joke.

Level 6
"I'm right, you're wrong".. lalala.

Oh, yeah. You ARE probably right, and we wrong..

Level 7
Just the fact that your rubbing it in peoples faces 'So who was right? Me. You just got owned. Not so stupid anymore huh?' yes does make you a little 'stupid'. However I do see where your aggression is coming from because that quote from Horn is way too much.

My personal prediction is that Sc2 could easily be out before Christmas if the beta testers give a lot of good feedback and there isn't a lot of bugs/ect.

Level 13
I'd bet good money on Christmas (week) of 2009. It makes the most sense and gives enough time for some beta testing to be squeezed in.

However, this means any smart person would have to preorder so they don't get fucking trampled at a retailer.

Level 9
Im betting on christmas 2009 because Blizzard would not have taken years and years to make a game then release on a pointless random date, they want a date that will sell, such as christmas. I personally doubt that they will wait til 2010 christmas.

Im betting on christmas 2009 because Blizzard would not have taken years and years to make a game then release on a pointless random date, they want a date that will sell, such as christmas. I personally doubt that they will wait til 2010 christmas.

christmass is very hard in the actual situation. They would need to rush BETA and start making copies of the final game by october.

It's most likely next summer.

Level 7
Take into account the upcoming release of microsoft's new operating system, Windows 7. Assuming that the game has not yet been fully completed by October 22nd, it may take additional time to gear it for Windows 7, in addition to the current operating systems, should the game developers chose to.

Level 14
Take into account the upcoming release of microsoft's new operating system, Windows 7. Assuming that the game has not yet been fully completed by October 22nd, it may take additional time to gear it for Windows 7, in addition to the current operating systems, should the game developers chose to.

Basicly everything works on Win 7 that works on Vista except programs that pimp your desktop

Level 7
Basicly everything works on Win 7 that works on Vista except programs that pimp your desktop

While it can work in reverse, it is always better for a game to be "geared" for an operating system. Anyway, after W7 comes out, I get a suber uber gaming laptop so that I can finally play my copy of DoW 2! WOOO!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.