• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you think of World of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
De title sez eet all. How do YOU think of World of Warcraft?

I think of it as...Well, hmmm... Mixed feelings. I do like controlling more than 2 units and not-so-high of a level cap (Well, look at me, Missus Hypocrite, I play games with as high of a level cap as 2,500...Say hello to Missus Hypocrite soon! XD :infl_thumbs_up:) (Aaanyways) but I do enjoy doing a faceroll on my death knight sometime... Sometimes it's just too hard of a choice and I go onto one of the 3 forum RPs I go onto. I don't think lowly of WoW as many other Warcraft III'ers do, but I'm not very active on WoW, either. I strongly believe that :fp: READ THIS :fp: there should be a big :)fp:LOGICAL) debate on what is the best game 'cuz I want to see how the outcome is. :cute:

Now the question is this.

How do YOU think of World of Warcraft?

Level 7
lol someone clearly just discovered the emotes and format button :x How do I think of WoW? Well personaly it realy anoys me, In some ways I love it as it's hugely addictive and fun to play but at the same time I hate the poor graphics and how they totaly messed up the realy good storyline in WC1, WC2, WC3 just for WoW playablilty.

I don't play WoW anymore but despite its flaws I'm glad it's so popular as without it there probabaly wouldnt be so many continuing WC3 make makers and players.

Level 4
True. WoW messed up a piece of the storyline but everything still makes sense because there aren't many major retcons. The graphics are from 2004 so they were awesome back then and Blizzard has made some efforts in improving them with the new shader, but they can't change them completely unless you want to download a 15gb patch!
Anyway, about the game itself, I LOVE it! Yes folks, I'm a WoWaholic. It's great to explore the vastness of the world, uncover the great storylines from the quests, feeling a proud and enthusiastic after a hard fought instance or boss fight and above all else the company of thousands of people that make the world even more alive. I think this is a good catch of what I think of it.

Level 12
I hate it with a passion. Why? Slow as hell. Gameplay could be more slow, but I doubt it. The only reason for mounts in the game is to help make it bearable, and you can't even get those until you've already become bored with the game.

Stupid quests are all the same as well. Collect this amount of kills/item and return to me for stupid pathetic reward. If any of you say, "The game is fun once you get to level 60", reread what you just wrote, and facepalm over your own stupidity.

Level 6
WoW is a pretty good game....not.Blizzard fucked up the game role<----the most important drawback of WoW.As for the graphics..I dont care.Nevertheless I roleplay in a EU server and its pretty good....yes ^^.

Level 9
I love wow but my account is messed up but the expansions ruined the crap out of the game ;( only reason i play now is: my friends play,i enjoy ruining peoples day,pwning those death knights who think they are almighty and at last just for the addiction

Level 3
I can't try it because i live i Albania AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How do you think of World of Warcraft?
I get my brain to fire neurons which hit networks formed for storing data I heard about WoW. Infact there is little to no difference in thinking about WoW than thinking about calculus or Warcraft 3 as they both use the same hardware type (brain) to solve logic opperations to form thoughts.

Did you mean "What do you think of World of Warcraft?"
Well personally never palyed it, probably would be fun but I do not think it is worth the cost per month.

Level 9
I get my brain to fire neurons which hit networks formed for storing data I heard about WoW. Infact there is little to no difference in thinking about WoW than thinking about calculus or Warcraft 3 as they both use the same hardware type (brain) to solve logic opperations to form thoughts.

Did you mean "What do you think of World of Warcraft?"
Well personally never palyed it, probably would be fun but I do not think it is worth the cost per month.

Did you mean "operations" and "played"?

Level 13
Weee, WoW owns, if you got time.
The start is realy boring if you don't have friend to play with.
If you have, found a guild and maybe get supported, the way to lvl 40 is quite easy.
After this you got your mount and WoW is better then before^^
I always loved PvP, and the PvP system of WoW is incredible!
Well, it was before the first expansion, but it's still pretty decent.
Although you only controll a single hero (ok, can be 2) the game
requires an immense amount of skill.
The problem is that it gets boring if you don't start before a new expansion.
You just can't close up (does this word exist? :p) to the others players.
However, I don't play it anymore, but maybe will start again after I'm finished
with school.

Level 13
Have you ever played it?
WoW has such a bad reputation.
Just try the pvp system.
It is completly skill related. For sure, items are an important
part too, but you can beat enemies with a much better
gear then yours without problems. Only because they suck.
I played with a friend of mine, amazing how he played his warrior.
He saved my ass a million times with skill combos and a timing
where I just had to lough at, wanted to see the enemies faces.
The problem is, that the expansions ruined the game pretty much.
I stopped playing it since it was to annoying. BUT it's the
best pvp system (due to WoWs controls) I've ever seen.

Level 3
I want to say something some 1 is albanian and know to play wow??
Answer nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Why??
Authentication keys!!
Anotehr why?
Can't find them!!

Level 37
Justify said:
Have you ever played it?
Yes I have.

Justify said:
It is completly skill related.
No it's not completely skill related. You need more knowledge and timing more than skill in wow. Also items matters a lot everywhere you go in wow. Compared to wc3 or other RTS games, everyone starts from zero with few buildings and units. RTS games will always need more skill.

Level 8
Everybody starts with lvl 1 and starter items in wow too, i don't see your point, and just like in WC III some people are better than others, so they build a base/level up and get items faster.

Level 13
Yes I have.

No it's not completely skill related. You need more knowledge and timing more than skill in wow. Also items matters a lot everywhere you go in wow. Compared to wc3 or other RTS games, everyone starts from zero with few buildings and units. RTS games will always need more skill.

So, timing is not a part of skill?
Perfect cc chains in a 2v2 fight aren't skill?
What is skill in warcraft?
The word "micro"? Nothing then fast clicking, not?
Just take the famous zeppelin-archer video
(blame me, forgot his name) were he protects his archers
with a zeppelin, each archer does a single shot and gets
loaded into it before it gets hit, nothing but timing.
For sure, it's only a part, but WoW isn't that item-relevant.
If you start at the same time like others,
you have the same chance for getting items (ignore nihilum :p).
Especially in pvp all players have the same chance and
it's possible to win, even with bad items.
If you don't think so, just try it, I did it with my mate.
But who cares now, I can't argue about a fixed position
towards RTS games if you don't even think about it :/

Level 13
Why? Just why?
Because you have to start from zero?
Thats not an argument for skill imo but okay.
The skill MMORPGs and RTS games (by the way, I know
what you mean by RTS but whats the exact meaning (letter whise))
that's required is a completly different one.
Warcraft for example needs unit management, called micro.
You need to be able to controll a lot of units at the same time,
care for their actions, their survival and at the same time you
need to care for the enemy units. Thats a lot, yes.
WoW is all about timing and movement. You need to know
how to survive, not to know when you need to let which unit move back,
I mean, you only have one.
It's about seeing which enemy casts what and react, but at the correct time
to get the perfect profit out of your actions.
You need to know where to move to cancel casts, where you can
walk to avoid enemies and even confuse them.

I understand your point, the skill management for warcraft 3 is incredibly high,
but WoW simply has another "skill" that's required.
If you only argue for pve, mmorpgs require no skill.
They need a single leader that tells what to do, rogues for example
need ~ 4 buttons in pve that needs to be spammed in the right order.
No, THATs not skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.