• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you make a passive ability cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do you make a passive ability cooldown (I only need the shaded area graphic thing not any specific effect)? I'll stop posting soon :p.

Level 11
Don't post 7 threads if you have multiple questions. Start a common thread and post all the questions there.

For this problem, hmm... As far as I know, only Reincarnation has this property. And there is no way you can control cooldown but reset it for all the abilities. My answer? Hmm... I would say impossible but I'm not sure what you're after. So maybe you can be more specific about this.

~Daelin

Level 6
For example, my ability is a passive ability that causes the hero to instantly dodge an attack made on him (basically 100% evasion for one attack), and the ability has a cooldown of lets say 4 seconds. I have already made the ability and all the triggers, but I want a cooldown graphic to show on the abilitie's icon each time it is used. If you play dota it's like nerubian weaver's passive ability that lets him attack twice with a 20 second cooldown .

Level 6
No, if you give a cooldown to evasion it doesn't work, and how do u make an orb effect have a cooldown? Because the icon for my spell can be anything. I was thinking of making the icon out of reincarnation and killing the unit when the cooldown wasn't active and instantly bringing it back to life so the cooldown would go off, but that would mess up some of my other triggers, and I'm not sure that would work, so how do u make an orb effect have a cooldown graphic?

Status
Not open for further replies.