• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive Ability doesn't activate trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Greetings. Sorry for my English :ogre_hurrhurr:

I want to make a Passive Ability with Cooldown (Like Gondar's sange/critical) with Bash Effect, and stat based dmg.

I used Orb Of Lightning with Storm Bolt data to make the Passive Cooldown and Bash effect. It works, but dmg system doesn't.

When i use common Storm Bolt (by cast) it activates the trigger, and does what i want, but doesn't trigger when passive ability is casted.

• Bash lvl 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (5.00 x (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
I've tried changing "Triggering Unit" to "Casting Unit" and "Attacking Unit", also changing "StormBolt" on Condition, to "Bash (Base: Orb of Lightning)" and doesn't work either...

I also want this skill to lvl up, and I don't know how to do it. ¿Making 10 stormbolt skills?, with 1 trigger for each?

¿Any help around?

Level 7
you should probably use something that picks all the units on the map with that ability every .03 seconds and add them to a unitgroup that's used in in the spell trigger. Passive abilities dont count in the "unit casts an ability" event.

Level 20
¡Excelent! Thanks for your answers.

- DotA has gondar 100% Sange + (Damage*2.25) value on Passive ability with cooldown.
- I want to make a Hero with 100% Bash + Attack Dmg + (Str * 2) Dmg value on Passive ability with cooldown

¿How can I do that?

Last edited:
Level 13
Everything with stats like str, agi or int has to be triggered. Either use a damage detection system or an attack event to recognize the attacks and trigger the bash via thunderbolt-dummies and deal damage via triggers.

EDIT: The other posibility would be to use the orb of lightning with a stormbolt as the orb allows cooldown and proc-chance. However, the damage would be fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.