• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you import a terrain to your map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am planning to make a new terrain for my map, but i don't want to make the terrain in the map itself. Rather i want to make the new terrain in a separate map, then import it to the real map when it is finished. Is it possible to import a terrain into a map with the doodad placement and such somehow?

Level 11
No. You can't.
Aldo you can import triggers, units, spells and other stuff from the map with unwanted terrain to new terrain map.

Level 11
Well, first open new terrain map, then open map with stuff. For a unit, right click on it and copy. Then go windows and select your new terrain map. Go object and paste. And unit is transferred. Same with spells, buffs, items and stuff.

For triggers right click on the trigger and the copy trigger, open new terrain map and paste. Since your triggers probably use units that are custom, firs transfer units, else they will bug, and they you have to check them. For regions that you have to check manually since you can't transfer em (I think, newer tried).

Also, you can just level the entire map and start terrain on old map again. To remove doodads just select em all and press del. Use terrain tools to level the rest :p

Level 8
Yes, i found that you can export all the different types of data from the editor like objects and triggers and import them to another map. Though there probably could be a tool to make this a lot easier, it is more efficient then cnping stuff 1 by 1.

Level 16
Seas =)

As I said - use the WEU Enhancer of WE Unlimited

bfxydme4nnxr2dy0m.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.