• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Import Terrain??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrain = Tileset, right?

If so, each custom terrain has a certain path; for example, this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/north_rock-blp-164081/

should be imported through the Import Manager in the path: TerrainArt\Northrend\North_rock.blp
and it will replace the default Northrend's Rock tile. In order for you to get actual results, you need to go to Advanced -> Modify Tileset and add the Rock tile from Northrend tileset to your main tileset (Hit "Add Tile" and select the Northrend Rock tile); if it not selectable, then, if you are using the classic World Editor, remove one tile from your main tileset that you will not use, because you already have a lot of tiles in the list and try adding the Northrend Rock tile once again. If you are using JNGP (http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999/), then it supplies you with more space for extra tiles [recommended].

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The most common way of custom tileset textures is by replacing an existing one. It might be possible via importing a modified terrain texture list file and defining new fields in it and then using a script to swap the tielest details for the new custom ones but I still advise the texture replace method.

If you mean copy terrain from one map to another...
Source map - drag a terrain selection box over the area you want to copy.
Send a copy command (Ctrl + C or in menu).
Desternation map - drag a similar sized terrain selection box over the target area you want the terrain to be.
Send a paste command (Ctrl + V or in menu).
You may need to keep both maps open and toggole between them for this to work.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Desternation map - drag a similar sized terrain selection box over the target area you want the terrain to be.
You may need to keep both maps open and toggole between them for this to work

People do often give more than 1 solution if your problem is not clear.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You may need to keep both maps open and toggole between them for this to work

Completly possible using the above instructions.
You can get the terrain selector by hitting escape enough from the terrain pallet.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No, that is just altering the contense of a MPQ archive. Manipulating I think is when you twist the data of the MPQ file archive and not its contense in some. An example of this is the various archive curropters manipulate the map MPQ file so that it is considered a WoW version MPQ which WC3 ignores but many archive editors will try and obey and crash (as it is not a WoW version MPQ).

The files you would need to port across from map archive to map archive would be war3map.shd, war3map.wpm and war3map.w3e. If the map is the same size only the .w3e needs to be ported but if not then all 3 have to (otherwise it will error on loading). Doing this will overwrite the following parts of a map.
war3map.shd - The shadow map
war3map.wpm - The default pathing map
war3map.w3e - The terrain mesh data

Be warned that the terrain has nothing to do with pathing. The relationship the editor exibits is faked and as such if you copy just the .w3e file across it is likly your map will have pathing that does not reflect the terrain it contains. An example of this I did had a spike of water on a low elevated tile with a cliff on it being buildable and walkable.

Level 5
Btw Arth sorry about the terrain you requested, the computer I made the terrain on got messed up. After not working on it for so long, I don't feel like continuing the terrain. When I go home tomorrow, do you want me to give you the terrain to finish? It doesn't look as good as it would have if I finished it, but it's still usable.

kk give me the terrain now and ill find someone else to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.