• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change imported terrain to blizzards terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I downloaded a map pack which came with many imported models and textures and included custom terrain (like short grass, grass. stone path etc) . I extracted the files and imported them into my map but I did not include the custom terrains. Even though I tried to exclude the custom terrain files, it's caused the terrain in my map to change from blizzards terrain to the custom terrain that came with the map pack.

Is there a way that I can disable the custom terrains and continue using blizzards terrain without deleting the files? because I am not seeing any terrain files in the import manager and so I don't know what to delete. please and thanks

Level 3
hmm this is kind of weird because last night everything was fine and it was displaying blizzard terrains but randomly when opening the map, a couple times it would load the custom terrains and when I would close and reopen the map, it would go back to blizzards terrain.

It did this once again, first time I opened it today it was showing the custom terrains but after opening/closing it a few times it went back to displaying blizzards terrains. anyone have ideas why sometimes it would randomly display the custom terrains and other times it displays blizzards terrains?

edit: could this have something to do with opening a different map (different from the one im working on) which had custom terrains, and then opening my map without restarting the editor? this different map also uses the exact same custom terrains

Level 3
your right ive noticed in the past how some textures remain on a new map with no imports.

I tested the map in game when it wasn't showing the custom terrains, and was showing blizzards terrains and it was perfectly normal in TFT. however, i didn't test the map in game when it was displaying the custom imported terrains. maybe that would've confirmed if it was terrains being loaded from the previous map I had opened with custom terrains. but now I'm 95% sure it had to do with the paths sticking from previous maps as you described it. thanks it makes sense

edit: it only displays the custom terrains when I Open my map after opening a map with custom terrains. I am unable to test it though for some reason so the problem you mentioned seems to be the reason. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.