• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do Murlocs reproduce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been investigating and i found this:

Murky in HotS (a.k.a Heroes of the Storm) has an ability where he lays an egg in which he respawns after getting killed.

What do you guys think?

Also,
I didn't really know where to post this, we don't really have anywere to debate lore things.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
They obviously lay eggs, since they are fish or at least amphibia (actually, I think they come closer to amphibia like frogs and toads than actual fish). Also, I thought the lore was pretty clear on that.

But just to go sure, we should contact Matpat and make it just a theory. A GAME THEORY. Thanks for watching.

Level 20
Now, when a mama Murloc loves the papa Murloc very much... :)

In all seriousness:
1. There are female Murlocs in WoW IIRC, so Murlocs are not hemaphrodites.
2. If Murlocs are not hemaphodites, it is likely that both genders are needed to reproduce.
3. Whatever papa and mama Murloc do, the baby is hatched from an egg.

So, I think the most likely options are:
1. They simply have sex.
2. The male impregnates the female some other way, for example by touching fins.
3. The female lays an egg and the male just sprays his semen over the egg to fertilize it.

Level 20
Well, seeing as how some time ago I discovered that some people get aroused by having sex dressed like teddy bears or other furry things, it's not that hard to imagine that there would be some who'd enjoy watching Murlocs having a go at it.

I dare not check, though.

P.S. Though I must admit, I'm a bit curious if - assuming Murlocs copulate - their "sex noise" is also mrglglglglgl or something else :D

Status
Not open for further replies.