• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft 2 easter eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
A few days ago i found (or somebody mentioned) about a site with sc2 easter eggs, and i thought about how many of em are in there.

So i checked and found a few (didnt check all), and id like to ask, do anyone of you guys find anything not mentioned below? (i will update this post if somebody finds something)

So...lets go!
  1. in multiplayer maps with those 4 container things, there are those weird zerg things - but look closer, some of em might contain a metroid.
  2. in the campaign with the Laser Drill, the drill screen actually shows a bluescreen (pic in my album, link below)
  3. in the secret mission, there is a murky (murloc marine) found if you go up from the reinforcement area.
  4. in the same place as mentioned above, you can see a flying ''tauren outhouse'' flying in the background (its fast, so i dno if its true)
  5. Diablo is on an island on the lower right of the "Devil's Playground" mission (Redstone III). -by PurplePoot
  6. There is a sword in a stone at the top left in the tychus mission where you have to help destroy the mobius foundation server facilities.-by DSG
  7. For some units (not sure how many), you can do /dance and /cheer (dno about cheer, might be wrong) to see them do some dancing/cheering/etc. -thx for tagg1080 for reminding :D
  8. not sure if this is one, but... http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1674439-post16.html .
link for the bluescreen pic: lol link :D

So yeah, what you found?
PS: i found no similar thread from the sc2 forum so far, closest is the ''is there easter eg units in sc2?''. If there is one, please mention about it (i really dislike the search engine for various reasons which i cant tell)

Last edited:
Level 40
About the Tauren Outhouse:

Basically, in "Zero Hour", if you kill part of the Zerg base you will see a Tauren Marine by his Outhouse. If you click him or come too close, he will retreat into the outhouse, and it will say "Countdown initiated". Clicking on him once will yield "3...', again for "2...", again for "1..." then he blasts off. From there you will see him in various places in the rest of the campaign (well, his outhouse flying by, that is).

--

Diablo is on an island on the lower right of the "Devil's Playground" mission (Redstone III).

Level 2
in the campaign in the cantina on the battle cruiser theres always a hologram of an world of warcraft night elf dancing on the top left, shes next to Tosh if that helps

Level 5
gosh, i can't imagine warcraft 3 didn't get credit for making Starcraft units to nothing.

starcraft 2 didn't present WC3 Units but ,WoW.How sad is that.
I think SC2 needs to owe WC3 !

Last edited:
Level 6
Anything from WC3 is in World of Warcraft, I could easily say the Murloc Marine or Tauren Marine are from WC3.

Anyways, they're all from the same company.

Level 6
Ok I think we should get back to the thread,
Picture1.png

Bobble head goes by on the Deadman's doodad, it actually bobs around lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.