• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i make a glow effect?Or how do i make the atmosphere a bit yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyz.I saw some tutorials on terraining that tell to make a glow and fog from doodads.Well,apparently i couldn't find any such stuff in the doodad section.also,i am going to use this in some kind of fields area in my rpg,and i don't know how to make the air a bit yellow.I saw this effect before in TKOK i think.How do i do them both?

Level 17
ow God no!! i mean with DOODADS u didn't read the descript did you?
besides,that's not even the kind of fog i wanted. soz

it is based on Doodass -> Props -> Runes , also u must change the scale with it.

4. Other special "Foggy" things
Now that we have the other things, I will show something that I commonly use. This is unique in some way, because you can use it on different places, using different colors. There are only a few colors though, so remember that.
What I do is make a new doodad, base the doodad on something like Blighted Mist, and change the model to any of the Glowing Runes (found in the Doodads section). Now change the Default Size to 15.00 and the colors to somewhere around 50 (50/255). Now place a few of them on the area where you want them. This is what it will look like:
source from http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/47893-Fog-Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.