• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

hey how do i make a vertical gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
like the title said i want to know how to make a vertical gate as in the ones in the village builder sirese's and how do you make an ability to make the gate open i have tried coping a village builders' gates but it doesn't make any sense to me so if you could help i would love it thank you!!!
and btw this has to be a unit-gate not a destructible/doodad :\ ty!

Last edited:
Level 15
You need 2 buildings, one with open gate model, the other with closed gate model. Then you need an ability based off say, druid of the claw's metamorphosis. That ability will be your gate toggle. Assign the corresponding pathing maps from existing gate doodads to your buildings and give them metamorphosis which turns closed into open, vice versa. Requires model edits this way(you can request it on this site), or you can use a lot of triggers.

You need 2 buildings, one with open gate model, the other with closed gate model. Then you need an ability based off say, druid of the claw's metamorphosis. That ability will be your gate toggle. Assign the corresponding pathing maps from existing gate doodads to your buildings and give them metamorphosis which turns closed into open, vice versa. Requires model edits this way(you can request it on this site), or you can use a lot of triggers.

but what i mean is how do i make the open unit? i have the pathing map all i need is to know what the animation for -open is is it stand alternate?

Level 5
first you need the right pathing of the gate. you can changen that in the object editor.
if you turn on collision or whatever its called you can see the path as pink squares... all you got to do then is to find a vertical one (like from fence or so)
then you gotta turn the unit around by 45° via the object editor too
first you gotta make the gate a unit (or it wont work!) then turn it by editing the rotation or whatever it's called and then make the unit a building again

I'm not sure if this works when the gate opens or closes, because of the pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.