• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vertical, buildable gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
What i mean is gates players can build and they are vertical. Is there some way of using Gui or jass to achieve this? I know it can be done, i have seen it in village builder.

Level 19
Hmm give a builing gate model
When it uses open ability
repleace it with a walkable one and make it play "death alternate" animation (opened gate)
when walkable uses close repleace it with original one

Level 2
FLAME ALERT!!!

god next time i will use google >.>
I have done something similar. I created a gate vertical, with the model editor, it had a problem, it didnt open, so i made a trigger, really easy, when you finishes the construction of a vertical gate, i created a common gate building, then i rotated 90 degrees in a separate place of the map where no unit may be around and bothers, then i removed from the game the gate, and move this gate where the first one was. If you want you can upgrade it with a diferent gate and it will remain vertical, you wont need more than 1 vertical gate, and it wont need to work, only appears.
I hope you understand, my english sux :(
The only thing you need, is a model of vertical gate, or you can do it by yourself and its pathing map.

Level 5
Lawd, i know how to set a horizontal gate but i need to know how to set the horizontal gate to rotate right after being built.

Level 7
Hey go into the Doadoad tool palete, then ping the "selection brush"
bar2.jpg
and double click on the Gate, and from there you can set the rotation :D

Level 2
Well.. this is a way :S

• Vertical gate chance
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Vertical Gate Const
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Constructed structure) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Gate for (Owner of (Constructed structure)) at (Position of (Constructed structure)) facing 0.00 degrees

Level 5
only thrikodius and graph helped. all other people were newbs. Thank you thrikodius and graph, i will try both methods.

Level 2
only thrikodius and graph helped. all other people were newbs. Thank you thrikodius and graph, i will try both methods.

You are welcome. Only, you may want to create it in a separate region. Because if some unit is neaby, the gate will apear in a different place(because when the created unit is created first it checks the pathing map of the unit with normal facing location, then it rotates).

Level 5
you are the biggest newb since you need help with this easy question, and because you can't read a instruction.

heres how to do it quick

XD i think you forget my original question in essence, newb, my question was how to rotate a doodad model belonging to a structure right after player-owned construction, and i have already been helped. So stfu and dont flame at me, newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.