• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How dead's the RP community on Wc3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Out of morbid curiosity. I've not been on this game for a while, but it holds a special place in my heart since I spent so much time here (and it was the first place I started roleplaying, too).

Does anyone still roleplay? Is the level of autism filled "LOL EVOLUTION THEME" still more rampant than sensible themes? Is it all new generation twats who want to roleplay an anime cat girl lunging out from the screen to jerk them off?

Level 6
Mostly immature RP's being hosted on Europe.battle.net these days. I don't even bother joining them anymore.

Level 12
Tbh, rotrp and titan land are getting hosted on a daily basis. Now, the evolution theme is dead, like the Jackson Five's Career. But roleplayers are getting better. Altough some still need to learn not to godmod it's pretty nice. I usually play titan land because it takes less to set up. And no ERP.

Reactions: Rui
Level 17
Yes it's pretty dead. I popped in for a little while. Save for the ridiculous amounts of new-gen weebos who are only interested in roleplaying the anime they day dreamed in their head, there's also a horrid amount of script kiddies, "trolls" and "hackers". AKA people who have tftlocal/know a crash exploit/ghost bot and think they're suddenly some top fucking ace that cannot be fucked with.

bottom line, any manner of public roleplay has a very low chance of actually ending in satisfying roleplay.

Go get your fix some where else, I suppose.

Level 17
Yeah, I have. Me and Narks built and launched a roleplaying server for about a year and it was pretty successful hitting around 60-70 players online during peak hours. Some drama ensued though (we trolled a little and got caught with our hand in the cookie jar) so now we're cleaning up our act and starting over with a new server that we're currently building. It's going along well.

http://www.talesofamn.pw/index.php/forum/index

Naturally, he's the coder and I'm the mapper.

As for NWN 2, it's MILES better than Wc3. It's a different sort of niche since it essentially functions like an RPG game with roleplaying elements enforced, but there are also "dungeon masters" who can manipulate the world and control NPCs and such, just like PnP.

Don't be discouraged by the RPG elements though, the roleplay there really is better than what I've seen in any other community (though, like all other communities, it still has its fair share of flaws and fools)

Level 2
Titan Land is ok for RP. Ehh mostly it will be someone massing though or warmongering or even know wherever you are.. AoC (Custom Nations/Nobles) on the other hand. Boy I haven't had such good RPs in a while. I recommend you guys give that a try.

Diplomacy and Alternate future, I try to avoid, I am more of a Med/Fantasy roleplayer than a modern general/government.

So in my opinion, some Rps are awful (rarely) mostly and recently they are decent or good.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm a roleplayer around these parts. I don't godmode. Because saying "Flies into the air and sprouts magical wings that summons demons around that kills you and every single one of your comrades" doesn't make you cool.

Level 19
Funny how that example reminds me very much of someone :)
But yeah, agreed - any of you perhaps interested in some of the social group RPs? They are probably the very last RPs remaining on the Hive sadly so we could use as many people as possible there :)

Level 9
I too enjoy RPing if anyone were to start one, i'm not a very good host though :/ let me know if you need more people :)

Edit: fantasy lifr rpg is on hive i believe if someone were to jost/ make a host bot for it... That could be cool...
Also, nwn2 is a great game, and i have it... Just thought i'd throw that out there...

Level 9
Well the "DM" Dungeon Master, actually can take control of NPCs or have his own character, and yes it has a map editor, Although I haven't tried NWN2 that's just how it worked in NWN the first one... The map is premade with encounters I believe and you can trigger them to respond. Another thing, is that it is based off the D&D games, so you have lots of opportunity to freely customize your characters. I quite enjoyed the Campaign of it :grin:

Level 17
It's quite fun. We've recently launched our server into closed beta.

Unlike Wc3 or WoW private servers, RP on NWN 2 worlds tends to still involve gameplay and mechanical aspects of the game. This is because the sort of "RP" that people favor there is the same sort you get out of traditional PnP D&D. You make a character, you fight monsters to level up, and Dungeon Masters occasionally host events around the world for a party. Players form/join guilds, the lore is enforced and the server is persistent. It's basically an MMO with RP enforced, but with a smaller and more focused scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.