• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Damage Detection Systems actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I mean...Do i need to add my actions and events into it or should i paste it into custom scripts and then use some event???
I appreciate your help!

EDIT:
Oh,yeah! Can i just make my trigger in GUI,convert it to JASS and add Generic Unit Takes Damage event somehow?

Last edited:
Level 17
That is not a damage detection system but an attack detection system.

As far as I know you have to make dynamical triggers if you want to mimic generic damage detection system. I said mimic because it would be actually a specific unit event attached to every unit.
You might want to wait for some more experienced JASSer to confirm that.

Level 17
In the first post you say:
EDIT:
Oh,yeah! Can i just make my trigger in GUI,convert it to JASS and add Generic Unit Takes Damage event somehow?

But in the #5 post you say:
i want someone to explain me how to use detection systems that detect when a unit is hit...how to add conditions and actions into it?

Now.. Which one do you want, because they both require a different solution. Do you want to detect damage or detect getting hit?

Level 17
Do you want to fire these actions BEFORE the unit takes the damage or after?
If after you can just use the unit is attacked event in GUI.
If before you must have a little more than basic knowledge of JASS.
If you want to know how much damage the unit suffered you again need to do it in JASS.

Status
Not open for further replies.