• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] How can I Edit a DotA Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If your wondering why I've asked a Foolish Question. Because I want to edit some of the heroes Model (Don't worry I'm not gonna copy the Game or Leak it or anything) I just want to import some Model Files according to my Perspective, and also don't worry the Map I'm planning to Edit is AI Map, it's more like I'm Playing Alone. So there's no harm anyway it's just me, I don't plan playing with other players in all. Just get My Point 😅

Level 29
All DOTA maps are fully protected. There's no known way to bypass this protection, except replacing all contents inside the w3x file using MPQ Editor (such as war3map.j, etc).

Level 39
For reference what you are asking to do is like rebuilding a 747 jumbo jet from a pile of parts where every part has no label and you can’t see what shape it is so you have to guess and check. It’s an actually insane task though technically possible.

Level 2
so How?
For reference what you are asking to do is like rebuilding a 747 jumbo jet from a pile of parts where every part has no label and you can’t see what shape it is so you have to guess and check. It’s an actually insane task though technically possible.

Level 29
How? would you teach me😃
Not only because they are fully protected, but the file size is too large due to the plethora amount of custom data (objects).
There is a trick to deprotect this map, but it's a difficult task and might result in numerous errors. MPQ Editor can still open this map, but there is a chance the header will get corrupted.

Level 2
This question is incredibly naive. You'd need MPQ Master, Ladik's MPQ, RMPQExtractor, W3x2Lni to do this. Reconstructing the map files, not guaranteed 100% models and textures. Making map openable in editor to add your imports.
Woah! Do you Have any Link for this Applications Sir?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26

Status
Not open for further replies.