• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Looking for someone who can do a small jass system in my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Honestly, i have been looking up ways on how to do jass. I'm having no luck. It's very easy but i just don't get how it works, like how does the jass code know when to be used.

Anyway all i want is a profeshonal shooting system, like in AfterLife. I'm sorry if i didn't post this in project recruitment!

Thanks, credit/rep.

Edit: I was wondering that you would edit my map, not give it to me via another map. Thanks!

Level 7
i dont know afterlife, what do you mean with shooting system? a third/first person shooter? a missile system?...?

Level 20
It can be done in GUI, as long as you know how to :) Of course it can be greatly improved with JASS; but GUI is still possible.

If you achieve it in GUI, i'll help you turning it to jass :) Otherwise, if you just want someone to make the system for you, post this on "Request" section.

Level 11
It can be done in GUI, as long as you know how to :) Of course it can be greatly improved with JASS; but GUI is still possible.

If you achieve it in GUI, i'll help you turning it to jass :) Otherwise, if you just want someone to make the system for you, post this on "Request" section.

I have done it with GUI, but it's a pile of crap. I need the system to be spotless, i posted this here so more people can see it :\

But when i came across an unprotected version of the game Afterlife, it was done in jass. And i basicly want it to be like in the game.... :wink:

Level 20
Basically you create your weapons as chargeable items and bullets as chargeable items.

I would use the default attack as the pistol, and the Slot#1 as the weapon to be used and make that weapon have the speed and all the attributes you want. Then, just use the right bullets on the right weapons to charge them (remove item charges from bullets, add item charges to weapon) and, on "A unit is attacked" create the special effect on the Attacking Unit based on the weapon it's holding on Slot#1

All that is setup easily on a Hashtable and retrieved easily aswell.

Does that seems ok to you?

Level 11
Basically you create your weapons as chargeable items and bullets as chargeable items.

I would use the default attack as the pistol, and the Slot#1 as the weapon to be used and make that weapon have the speed and all the attributes you want. Then, just use the right bullets on the right weapons to charge them (remove item charges from bullets, add item charges to weapon) and, on "A unit is attacked" create the special effect on the Attacking Unit based on the weapon it's holding on Slot#1

All that is setup easily on a Hashtable and retrieved easily aswell.

Does that seems ok to you?

Although when it shoots, it's out of sync. I'd rather have it shoot every 0.2 seconds. What it's doing now is shooting every 0.02 to 0.8 seconds.

Level 20
If the shooting effect happens when the unit attack, then you have to handle the Unit attack speed. If rocket is slower than default pistol attack, then add to the rocket item an "Item attack speed bonus" with a negative value, so it will reduce the attack speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.